+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Temporary Resident Visa Withdrawal

aarthi01

Jan 27, 2021
Hi.
I applied and got my Post Graduate Work Permit by September 2020. I'm currently residing in Canada and have recently applied for my Temporary Resident Visa(TRV) as it got expired. So, I'm hoping if I could go home(India) and get my condition treated as it's getting severe day by day. Also, I can understand, the processing time for trv is a bit higher right now due to covid, I'm kind of stuck in between. My question is that, will I be able to withdraw my current application and submit a new one from my country(Outside Canada Application) immediately once I reach home? Also, should I wait for my current application status to change from 'submitted' to 'withdrawn' in order to submit a new application which is from Outside Canada?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi.
I applied and got my Post Graduate Work Permit by September 2020. I'm currently residing in Canada and have recently applied for my Temporary Resident Visa(TRV) as it got expired. So, I'm hoping if I could go home(India) and get my condition treated as it's getting severe day by day. Also, I can understand, the processing time for trv is a bit higher right now due to covid, I'm kind of stuck in between. My question is that, will I be able to withdraw my current application and submit a new one from my country(Outside Canada Application) immediately once I reach home? Also, should I wait for my current application status to change from 'submitted' to 'withdrawn' in order to submit a new application which is from Outside Canada?
You shouldn’t withdraw your application but you should send a webform indicating that you are in your home country and will need to get stamping in that country. Would warn you that to return to Canada you’ll need to prove that you are employed or have a job in Canada or have a home in Canada and can show a lease.

aarthi01

Jan 27, 2021
Thanks for your reply. Should I have a job offer ready if I had to return to Canada in spite of having a valid work permit till September 2023?