+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Temporary resident - Israel, the West Bank and the Gaza Strip

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
For sure... Though I don't feel safe there... Don't want to come back you know... I think the problems in Canada are much easier to fix than the ones in Israel
Generally I agree with you, doesn't mean I won't use it for my benefits, I think we can change the government to change the policy, at least I hope.
This will still be a temporary visa. You'll eventually have to go back unless you become a PR though.

Reactions: canuck78

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
For sure... Though I don't feel safe there... Don't want to come back you know... I think the problems in Canada are much easier to fix than the ones in Israel
Generally I agree with you, doesn't mean I won't use it for my benefits, I think we can change the government to change the policy, at least I hope.
Different problems but issues in Canada are pretty huge as well. A change of government in Israel would go a long way to addressing some of the issues. The program started after October 7th when the majority of Israel was not that unsafe. There are so many conflicts and natural disasters in the world a dangerous precedent has been set.

Backspace42

Aug 9, 2024
Different problems but issues in Canada are pretty huge as well. A change of government in Israel would go a long way to addressing some of the issues. The program started after October 7th when the majority of Israel was not that unsafe. There are so many conflicts and natural disasters in the world a dangerous precedent has been set.
This will still be a temporary visa. You'll eventually have to go back unless you become a PR though.
Well, I hope to never come back really, even if this conflict resolves, the hate (from both sides) is not going anywhere, I hope to find a country that is safe*, western, beautiful, and just be a good taxpayer citizen.
*yes the majority of time Israel does not feel unsafe, though every few years something bad happens and becomes unsafe, that's not where I want to raise my kids you know

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Well, I hope to never come back really, even if this conflict resolves, the hate (from both sides) is not going anywhere, I hope to find a country that is safe*, western, beautiful, and just be a good taxpayer citizen.
*yes the majority of time Israel does not feel unsafe, though every few years something bad happens and becomes unsafe, that's not where I want to raise my kids you know
Having visited Israel and having relatives who recently moved back from Israel after 10+ years living there they actually feel less safe in Canada at the moment. The issue is that Canada has too many temporary residents and there are certainly areas of the world that are much more unstable than and where population is suffering a lot more than Israel since October 7th. Not sure how Canada can justify this program yet not offer WPs to population at much higher risk like for example the Rohingya but could name many others. If Canada specified those displaced from their home due to conflict in Israel, those facing danger in West Bank and most of Gazans then that would be more understandable. Canada can’t keep offering similar broad programs it sets a very dangerous precedent and is mostly used as a pathway to get a WP by people who weren’t actually escaping imminent danger. We have both too many temporarily residents, too many temporary residents who will never qualify for PR, an economy in essentially recession, not enough housing & other infrastructure, increasing unemployment, etc.

Reactions: Backspace42