+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Temperoray Foreign worker wants to travel to US

G

gillharjinder

Hi All,

I'm temporary foreign worker in canada and my country of residence is India before i came to canada. Initially my work permit was for 6 months after that i got my work permit extended in sept 2008 and now my work permit expires in sept 09. I have to travel to US for 2 weeks. Can I enter back in Canada from US on my valid work permit and passport. I dont have my trv visa stamped on my passport after i got my work permit extended in 2008.

Can anybody help me in this matter.

Thanks in advance.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

gillharjinder said:
Hi All,

I'm temporary foreign worker in canada and my country of residence is India before i came to canada. Initially my work permit was for 6 months after that i got my work permit extended in sept 2008 and now my work permit expires in sept 09. I have to travel to US for 2 weeks. Can I enter back in Canada from US on my valid work permit and passport. I dont have my trv visa stamped on my passport after i got my work permit extended in 2008.

Can anybody help me in this matter.

Thanks in advance.
Yes, as long as it only to the US or St. Pierre et Miguelon and you must return before Sept./09. I assume you realize you need a US visa as well.

PMM

G

gillharjinder

Hi PMM

Thanks a lot for the reply. Yes I do have US visa. I was only concerned that can i re-enter Canada only from US on my valid work permit and my passport. Tho i dont have visa TRV visa stamped on my passport. I hope I wont be having any problem while entering canada on my valid work permit and passport.

Hope to hear from you soon

Regards
Harjinder

geekay

Jun 27, 2009
As said by PMM and accreddy you will not have any problem to re-enter Canada provided you travel by bus or car. I believe to return to Canada by air, you need to have a visa.

rvm

Jul 25, 2009
Good Day!!!

I am a Filipino temporary foreign workers in Canada, i want to visit my uncle in the U.S. just for a week. I have a canadian multiple enrty visa and a work permit that will expires in november 2009. I dont have a U.S visa. Can I used my work permit to go to U.S and to go back in Canada?

please help me......

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

rvm said:
Good Day!!!

I am a Filipino temporary foreign workers in Canada, i want to visit my uncle in the U.S. just for a week. I have a canadian multiple enrty visa and a work permit that will expires in november 2009. I dont have a U.S visa. Can I used my work permit to go to U.S and to go back in Canada?

please help me......

No, you need a US visitor visa.

PMM

jeetu88

Star Member
Dec 22, 2011
sat sri akal bai, mainu bai tuhadi help chahidi ae, mai n v work permit lyi apply karna kidan kra?tusi kitho kita c apply.main consultaant labhe ae 2 oh kehnde k 4 lakh kharcha auga lakh ethe dena te baaki otho salary cho ktaune ae. tusi kiven apply kita c te kehre consultant ton kraya c?

bitoyzz

Star Member
Sep 19, 2011
geekay said:
As said by PMM and accreddy you will not have any problem to re-enter Canada provided you travel by bus or car. I believe to return to Canada by air, you need to have a visa.
My friend entered canada fr0m d US by air using her work permit,she didnt have the trv.

ards

Feb 8, 2012
PMM said:
Hi,

I AM A LIVE-IN CAREGIVER HERE IN CANADA AND IM HERE SINCE DEC.2011,DO YOU KNOW WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS(for visit visa apllication) SO THAT I CAN BE ABLE TO TRAVELwith my employers soon to the U.S.A.?

PLEASE HELP ME....THANKS.

plussy

Jan 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
NOC Code......
LIC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Ards,

Browse the link below,

http://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/types/types_1262.html

Good luck :)

Airanic

May 4, 2013
i wanna visit my boyfriend in misissippi.... i am a newly foreign worker in alberta, canada....let me know steps i need to do to get what I need....

Please help me.... I have plan to visit my boyfriend when I get my vacation....

jedhcds

Aug 2, 2013
App. Filed.......
06-06-2014
Med's Request
05-08-2014
Med's Done....
13-08-2014
hi, i believe it is OK without TRV when returning to Canada from US. but, what else do you need to show to immigration officer? is the work permit ok? or do you still need a letter from employer just like going vacation on other country?