+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Temp WP with IT consulting company

agent005

Oct 31, 2007
Hello,

Anybody knows any IT consulting company that would do a temp WP for me so I can come to Canada, find myself a contract to work on and company will take a cut and pay me the rest? (I actually already have such contract) There are some companies that do that in US and looking for same deal in Canada.

Any help is really appreciated.
Thanks!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

agent005 said:
Hello,

Anybody knows any IT consulting company that would do a temp WP for me so I can come to Canada, find myself a contract to work on and company will take a cut and pay me the rest? (I actually already have such contract) There are some companies that do that in US and looking for same deal in Canada.

Any help is really appreciated.
Thanks!
You can do it in the US, but you can't do it in Canada on a work permit.

PMM

agent005

Oct 31, 2007
Dear PMM, what do you mean? What I cannot do in Canada? I can work on WP for Canadian company, right? Can an IT consulting company hire temp worker to work on one project, and when project is over just reassign him/her to next one?
Please clarify.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

agent005 said:
Dear PMM, what do you mean? What I cannot do in Canada? I can work on WP for Canadian company, right? Can an IT consulting company hire temp worker to work on one project, and when project is over just reassign him/her to next one?
Please clarify.
Nope, you have to employed by the employer for whom you work. You can't be a contract worker on a work permit.

PMM

agent005

Oct 31, 2007
Dear PMM, but I will not be a contract worker, I'll be employed by company A, and company A may subcontract me to company B, but I'll still be working and be paid by company A. Does this schema illegal for person on WP?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

agent005 said:
Dear PMM, but I will not be a contract worker, I'll be employed by company A, and company A may subcontract me to company B, but I'll still be working and be paid by company A. Does this schema illegal for person on WP?
Yes.

PMM