+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Temp working Visa

ShaunSpedding

Jun 21, 2009
:D Happy new year all :D

Just looking for any information. I would like to go to Canada for around 6 months with my partner and daughter (1 year old).I have saved up some money and hope to save some more by the time i go. I would also like to work while i am there.

What is the best way to go about this?

Again, any information is greatly apprciated.

Thanks

ShaunSpedding

Jun 21, 2009
What type of visa would i apply for to visit Canada with the possibility of working?
What is the best Visa to apply for?

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
ShaunSpedding said:
What type of visa would i apply for to visit Canada with the possibility of working?
What is the best Visa to apply for?
To be able to work in Canada you need a Work Permit. Look for an employer who is willing to file for a Labour Market Opinion in your name, then apply for a work permit once you have positive LMO, your partner and daughter as dependents. If granted you will be given a work visa. If you are from a country whose citizens do not need visas to enter Canada, you can come as a visitor, look for an employer who will file for LMO and obtain your work permit at the border closest to where you are going stay in.

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What's your country of citizenship? Some of them have working holiday work permits, which is basically an unrestricted temporary work permit, though there are age and citizenship restrictions (I asked about your citizenship, but am too polite to ask about your age :)). The age limit is 30, I believe.

starzibal

Dec 30, 2009
Toronto
my brother owns IT consultation firm in Toronto. Do you guys think, if he wants to sponsor his brother in law who is around 23 from pakistan under IT, can he get LMO? or would it be hard to get LMO?

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
starzibal said:
my brother owns IT consultation firm in Toronto. Do you guys think, if he wants to sponsor his brother in law who is around 23 from pakistan under IT, can he get LMO? or would it be hard to get LMO?
He has to show the necessary recruitment efforts (advertisement for the job position at the Canadian job bank and a major daily or website for at least 14 days), and if there are no Canadian citizens or Canadian permanent residents qualified for the job, then he could apply for a labor market opinion for the brother in law

starzibal

Dec 30, 2009
Toronto
job_seeker said:
He has to show the necessary recruitment efforts (advertisement for the job position at the Canadian job bank and a major daily or website for at least 14 days), and if there are no Canadian citizens or Canadian permanent residents qualified for the job, then he could apply for a labor market opinion for the brother in law
ya i know that already but what i meant was(sorry, i should have asked this) the possibilties or chances of getting approve LMO and then visa to recruite foreign worker instead of local.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
starzibal said:
Hmmmm. Depending on the type of IT job experience the brother in law has, I think he can apply for a work permit without LMO. There are IT NOCs that are LMO exempt.

For advertising requirements:

http://www.hrsdc.gc.ca/eng/workplaceskills/foreign_workers/communications/advertrecrutment.shtml

For LMO exempt IT categories:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/special-tech.asp

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
starzibal said:
ya i know that already but what i meant was(sorry, i should have asked this) the possibilties or chances of getting approve LMO and then visa to recruite foreign worker instead of local.
sorry did not see this before I posted. anyway, if there are no eligible Canadian Citizens or Canadian PRs to fill the job and your brother could prove that the brother in law possess the required skills, I don't see why Service Canada would not grant the LMO. Getting the work visa/permit is another matter though. The brother in law must show enough ties with Pakistan that would warrant his wanting to go back after the duration of the work permit.

starzibal

Dec 30, 2009
Toronto
job_seeker said:
Hmmmm. Depending on the type of IT job experience the brother in law has, I think he can apply for a work permit without LMO. There are IT NOCs that are LMO exempt.

For advertising requirements:

http://www.hrsdc.gc.ca/eng/workplaceskills/foreign_workers/communications/advertrecrutment.shtml

For LMO exempt IT categories:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/special-tech.asp

Thx, I think he can fall one the above categories . For ties in Pakistan, I am not sure how can he show that its very hard though. He is 23. I don't know if he can come up with any good reason to show his ties. : ) and my brother told me that he is dying to come to Canada :) as you know the restless condition in Pakistan but I will tell him that. Is there anyother categories in which one can easily come here which don't require LMO?

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
starzibal said:
Thx, I think he can fall one the above categories . For ties in Pakistan, I am not sure how can he show that its very hard though. He is 23. I don't know if he can come up with any good reason to show his ties. : ) and my brother told me that he is dying to come to Canada :) as you know the restless condition in Pakistan but I will tell him that. Is there anyother categories in which one can easily come here which don't require LMO?
Applying in one of the immigration routes if he qualifies(brother in law)- FSW/PNP/Family Stream, longer processing times I think, or TRV as a student (but still the problem of "ties").

starzibal

Dec 30, 2009
Toronto
job_seeker said:
PNP is faster.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/index.asp
i checked PNP. employer must have $500k or $1 mil revenue and i know for sure my brother does not have that big business : )