+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TEL-AVIV - Outland spouse sponsorship application

nick1983

Dec 23, 2015
Hi all,
My name is Nick, i really need some help before i submit my application.

I am a Canadian Citizen living in Israel for the past 30 years, my wife is Israeli/American and we both live together in Israel. We have 2 kids (They are both Canadian citizens - age 1 and 3).

We are moving to Canada next year and i am sponsoring my wife, i have all the forms/documents in place but i have few questions i would love to get your opinions from your experience.

1. Do i need to add the form 3911E (country specific instructions for Israel)? my wife needs to write all the information again (Military, school, relationship etc..) we already had it in the IMM5669E form.
2. Does she needs to have the Supplementary information form in the 3911E form too?? (page 12-15) also it's in the IMM5669E form too.
3. Do i need to have 8 photos of each family member (50X70 CM) as described in the 3911E form? Even for my Canadian kids??
4. Where do i tell the embassy to send the police certificate? or they should keep it until i know where my file will be forwarded too from Missaussaga?
5. Do i need to send photos of our wedding, communication proofs etc?? we live together since we met.
6. Do i need to notarize any copy i do (passports too??) or just the translated certificates (Marriage, name change etc.).
7. The fees i need to choose are $75 for sponsor and $475 for principal applicant ?

I hope it's not too much asking and i will be forever grateful.

All the best.

Nick

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
1. Yes absolutely. Every VO has their own version of this guide. Make sure everything matches.
2. I assume so since they ask for it.
3. Not for the Canadians.
4. Sorry, not sure on that one, but I think it's smart to wait since your spouse is American, you never know they might choose to send it to Ottawa.
5. YES! This is one of the most important parts of your application. You have to prove to CIC that you have a genuine relationship.
6. According to your instruction guide, you need notarized copies of documents unless instructed otherwise. PC and the immigration forms must be originals. All documents not in English or French must also have notarized translations.
7. You also will need the Right of Permanent Residence fee of $490. You can pay that part later, but it's better just to pay it upfront. The total is $1040.

8. You didn't ask this, but just a suggestion. You say you've lived in Israel for 30 years. That means you have a lot of ties there. You are going to want to include proof that you intend to reside in Canada. You should explain your job/money situation, where you plan to live, show proof of ties to Canada whatever they may be, job searching, Canadian bank accounts etc.

nick1983

Dec 23, 2015
Thank you very much for your detailed answer.
About the photos of my kids, i asked because in the form 3911E it says "Include all of your family members" so that is why i asked.
I am still not sure about the notarized copies because they don't actually say "Not notarized" in any section, they just use the word "Copy" so it's confusing. Notarizing all the copies i have is crazy and can cost much so i don't want to do something i don't have too.

Thanks for your suggestion, i am aware of that part, i have it all, I started a business there and it's up and running, we rented a house, bought a car etc. so we will provide it all to CIC.

Thanks again!!!

Nick

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
Yes, it's just a generic instruction, every version of this instruction guide uses that wording. Pictures are only required for those applying for PR, and your kids aren't.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
nick1983 said:
Thank you very much for your detailed answer.
About the photos of my kids, i asked because in the form 3911E it says "Include all of your family members" so that is why i asked.

I am still not sure about the notarized copies because they don't actually say "Not notarized" in any section, they just use the word "Copy" so it's confusing. Notarizing all the copies i have is crazy and can cost much so i don't want to do something i don't have too.

Thanks for your suggestion, i am aware of that part, i have it all, I started a business there and it's up and running, we rented a house, bought a car etc. so we will provide it all to CIC.
For the purposes of this application, "family members" refers to the spouse and dependent children of the Principal Applicant who are not already Canadian citizens/PRs.

As per your guide, you need to notarize copies of all official documents, such as birth certs, marriage cert, passport etc. Unofficial documents (such as relationship proofs) don't need to be notarized.