+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TEF - French Exam...

S

sutyfornow

DelPiero07 said:
For anyone who is interested, I have the download links for both recommended TEF preparation books with the Audio CD's

Cheers
Plz send me on : soha_elsayed_ahmed@yahoo.com
Thx

S

sutyfornow

Dear members,
Do they still knock off a mark for wrong answers?

S

sutyfornow

anotheruser said:
I passed the test on May 2016 and I discovered that they've changed the grading system. They don't subtract a point for a wrong answer anymore.
[/quote

Are you sure about that?

Aal_

Feb 28, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-03-2017
AOR Received.
17-03-2017
Med's Done....
23-02-2017 / Passed: 12-07-2017
Passport Req..
11-09-2018
Tef grading for me was confusing. I did the computer version and got 245. I tried calculating with or without penalties couldn't figure out how that grade was obtained. The instructor said no penalties. I really have no idea how it is graded.

_KK_

Sep 28, 2016
For all the French speakers: just do it. No harm in getting extra points on your EE profile. In my case, that made the difference as I got ITA because I was above 470 points thanks to that.

hiato

Star Member
Sep 15, 2016
Could you pm me the links please?

DelPiero07 said:
For anyone who is interested, I have the download links for both recommended TEF preparation books with the Audio CD's

Cheers

mashamasha

Star Member
Mar 4, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I would also appreciate the link. Thanks!

Ascent

May 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Plz send me the links on below email

creative_19pk@yahoo.com

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

S

sutyfornow

Friends, does a wrong answer knock off the marks of a corrent one? Also, the validity of tef is one year?

Dedicated

Aug 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sutyfornow said:
Friends, does a wrong answer knock off the marks of a corrent one?
Not anymore (as we have been informed by the members of this forum).

sutyfornow said:
Also, the validity of tef is one year?
No. 2 years.

Reactions: varunvarghese

anotheruser

Feb 17, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-DEC-2016
sutyfornow said:
anotheruser said:
I passed the test on May 2016 and I discovered that they've changed the grading system. They don't subtract a point for a wrong answer anymore.
Are you sure about that?
Yes I am. For your reference, search for the term "Mauvaise" in the following TEF manual.
alliance-francaise.ca/images/exam-registration-form/manuel-candidat-tef-canada.pdf

anotheruser

Feb 17, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-DEC-2016
_KK_ said:
For all the French speakers: just do it. No harm in getting extra points on your EE profile. In my case, that made the difference as I got ITA because I was above 470 points thanks to that.
I also strongly suggest that. I found the test easier than the IELTS in many aspects, especially the speaking part.

chevalcriostoir

Star Member
Jul 21, 2016
I took my TEF exam last year. It was a strange exam and most of it had to be done through a laptop they provided me.
The speaking part is very complicated, there were two very short role-plays…. so depending on the topic or role you were thrown you could score well or terribly. One of mine was something to do with going on a skiing holiday and my friend (the examiner) didn't want to go and I had to try and convince them in something that seemed like a minute…. I tried but thinking on the spot of a reason to convince someone to go make-believe skiing just wasn't something I did well… I ran out of arguments to go after the second one and it didn't help that the examiner kept dismissing my suggestions… I'm sure I was marked negatively or "failing" to convince the examiner to go make-believe skiing.

I have sat French proficiency exams in Canada for the workplace, university and the government and scored in the highest ranges along with Canadian francophones, yet going on my TEF result you'd swear I'd barely spent two days in France.

My absolute favourite part was when IRCC calculated my Express entry points and I discovered your second language test counts for barely any points compared to your first language test.

Surely if one language is 100 points the second one should score you another potential 100…...
Seems like a simple solution to the not enough people here are bilingual and they are trying to get more French-speakers… it's really not rocket science. 25 points just doesn't seem fair for $400+ for a badly designed and evaluated exam.

And that ends my rant on my TEF exam. Sorry everybody!

varunvarghese

May 27, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-05-2017
Hi guys

My score is 413 right now and I really want to improve my chances...
I am bilingual and I am thinking of taking the French TEF test to boost my score.
Since the test is $400, I was wondering how many extra points did any of you get for including the TEF in your application?

Thanks a lot, and good luck to you!
D.
I was thinking the same. I don't speak French though. I have started attending classes.