+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Teaching Requirements

Osheen Sharma

Aug 16, 2020
Hi
I have done MCA (Masters in Computer Applications), working as an Assistant Professor in India.
Am i eligible to teach in Canada?
Can anyone tell me what are the qualifications and experience required to teach in any Canadian college ?
Thank you

Osheen Sharma

Aug 16, 2020
You generally need at least a master's degree plus teaching experience.
Thank you for your response.

I have masters degree in Computer application from india and working as a assistant professor in a college in india. Is it necessary for me to have a bachelors of education to be able to teach in a college or university in canada

Osheen Sharma

Aug 16, 2020
Would disagree that a university professor has a masters. Pretty sure they all have PhDs. College is a bit different.
i am working in a college only here in india, already pursuing Phd and want to shift to canada i just want to know how i can work in any college or university in canada. do i need any teaching certificate from canada to work?

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
Not really—primary and secondary teachers need to be certified by a province, but not college and university professors. As stated, for a university a PhD is preferable but you can get temporary/contract positions as a lecturer with only a master's. Colleges are easier.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
i am working in a college only here in india, already pursuing Phd and want to shift to canada i just want to know how i can work in any college or university in canada. do i need any teaching certificate from canada to work?
You do not need a certification to teach at the college and university level.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Getting a job as a professor is incredibly difficult especially at the university level. Canadian universities tend to hire people with Canadian or other well known PhDs with research interests that will bring in grants. At the college level you don’t usually make enough money for it to be your primary job because most teaching positions are contract.

Osheen Sharma

Aug 16, 2020
Getting a job as a professor is incredibly difficult especially at the university level. Canadian universities tend to hire people with Canadian or other well known PhDs with research interests that will bring in grants. At the college level you don’t usually make enough money for it to be your primary job because most teaching positions are contract.
ok. Thank you for the help.