+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tax Documents Pending

bekruz

Oct 7, 2022
Hello,

Due to miscommunication between me and my accountant, the tax for 2022 was filed as a resident in Canada with $0 income.
The intention was to file it as a non-resident and eclare my foreign income in Israel, given that I lived in Israel in 2022.

I'm currently fixing this mistake with the CRA but it's taking a while.
And If i'm not mistaken i must obtain Option-C documents from the CRA before we begin the immigration process.

It's already been a whole month of waiting and no progress yet. Any advice how to tackle this immigration wise?
Or should we just wait patiently for the CRA?

Thanks

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

Due to miscommunication between me and my accountant, the tax for 2022 was filed as a resident in Canada with $0 income.
The intention was to file it as a non-resident and eclare my foreign income in Israel, given that I lived in Israel in 2022.

I'm currently fixing this mistake with the CRA but it's taking a while.
And If i'm not mistaken i must obtain Option-C documents from the CRA before we begin the immigration process.

It's already been a whole month of waiting and no progress yet. Any advice how to tackle this immigration wise?
Or should we just wait patiently for the CRA?

Thanks
Apart from your tax issue, how's your initial plan of getting your wife's visitor visa to Canada going? Is Vancouver still cold for your wife?

bekruz

Oct 7, 2022
Apart from your tax issue, how's your initial plan of getting your wife's visitor visa to Canada going? Is Vancouver still cold for your wife?
Oh we're skipping that actually, the hassle is too much and my wife will adapt to the climate.
That's what she prefers too.And it's not like anyone is forcing her to go work, now we're running an online business and we have enough money to live for years without either of us being employed (extreme assumptions). So she can take her time and not go out too much, and take life a bit by bit,it's an entitlement that many immigrants don't have.

Btw yesterday I read the entire immigration guide for the Family Class, in the check list it says that if you work in Canada you must provide Notice of Assessment and Option C documents from the CRA. i don't work in Canada, i have an israeli emplyoers with a permanent full time job and the salary is flowing into Canada, plus an online business developing day by day with more and more income.
In that case can i safely assume that i don't need to provide any tax documents and take care of the tax matter independently from the immigration matter?