+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sydney, Nova Scotia Visa Office - Let's connect here!

davidsson3

Star Member
Jun 15, 2014
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
13-02-2019
AOR Received.
14-02-2019
Med's Done....
05-04-2019
Passport Req..
28-10-2019
I learned a few days ago that my eligibility is Review Required, 3 weeks ago it was 'In Progress' so my file has been touched in the last few weeks at least. Called CIC today and the agent said it's normal, she sees it on files all the time and not to worry. She was reluctant to even look at my application details as I still have 29 days until the 6 months is up - so I'm not confident in her saying it's a standard part of their process and to not worry. Ordered notes on Wednesday but I doubt I'll get them in time - any advice? I have an idea that it could be my NOC code matches my duties but not job title - but as per their website they choose NOC based on duties...but without notes I'm just guessing. Any advice?

CEC Inland
AOR: 7 March 19
Medicals Passed: 17 Apr 19
Eligibility: Review Required
Criminality: Passed
Security: Not Started
VO: Sydney
Order your GCMS bro

ranjitrajkumar

Star Member
Aug 9, 2018
Do all applicants get an email if their application is to be reviewed by an officer?
As per my GCMS notes, I have an RR for A11.2, but there is no other information about why the RR.
Just wondering.
TIA
Just got an update:

I got my second set of GCMS notes (ordered from GCMS buddy on the 5th of July) last morning (received on the 9th of August).

The RR that I had found in the first set, now shows that it is for POF. I guess that in the first set that information was redacted.

I will be sending a webform with the bank letter by Tuesday (Saturday and Monday are bank holidays).

I hope that will clear the RR, and then CB01126 will move my file forward to Security.

ranjitrajkumar

Star Member
Aug 9, 2018
I learned a few days ago that my eligibility is Review Required, 3 weeks ago it was 'In Progress' so my file has been touched in the last few weeks at least. Called CIC today and the agent said it's normal, she sees it on files all the time and not to worry. She was reluctant to even look at my application details as I still have 29 days until the 6 months is up - so I'm not confident in her saying it's a standard part of their process and to not worry. Ordered notes on Wednesday but I doubt I'll get them in time - any advice? I have an idea that it could be my NOC code matches my duties but not job title - but as per their website they choose NOC based on duties...but without notes I'm just guessing. Any advice?

CEC Inland
AOR: 7 March 19
Medicals Passed: 17 Apr 19
Eligibility: Review Required
Criminality: Passed
Security: Not Started
VO: Sydney
Don't stress out trying figure this out without your notes or an update from the call center.
In the first set of notes that I got, the reason for the RR was redacted.

In the second set, it was quite evident that RR was for PoF. I am on proactively working on getting the information ready and will upload it asap.
My application has not been touched since the 26th of April I can see that in both the notes. If only the first set had not been redacted, my application could have been in a different stage of the process.

I have 4 days left to complete 6 months.

IMHO GCMS notes are really helpful regardless of what anyone says.

Reactions: PrasadK

PR22may

Jun 11, 2019
AOR 22 May
eligibility pass
criminality pass
security not started
vo sydney
Any idea how much time security process takes

davidsson3

Star Member
Jun 15, 2014
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
13-02-2019
AOR Received.
14-02-2019
Med's Done....
05-04-2019
Passport Req..
28-10-2019
AOR 22 May
eligibility pass
criminality pass
security not started
vo sydney
Any idea how much time security process takes
22 may AOR is too early. Can't tell anything at this stage. I am Feb 14th and still waiting

PrasadK

Jul 5, 2019
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Passport Req..
08-11-2019
VISA ISSUED...
26-11-2019
LANDED..........
15-01-2020
Jan 27th AOR here and still in the eternal queue..

p-v

Apr 12, 2019
Hi all,
I applied for GCMS notes two times, one in March and the other in June. I got replies for both of them after completing my 6 months in this week one on Monday and the next today....is there any one with similar scenario here??

Aor Feb 9th, Med March 29th, Bio May 24th, Elgibility Review required, Criminality in progress, Security not started, VO Sydney Novascotia, Category CEC express entry, one dependent on file.

davidsson3

Star Member
Jun 15, 2014
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
13-02-2019
AOR Received.
14-02-2019
Med's Done....
05-04-2019
Passport Req..
28-10-2019
Hi all,
I applied for GCMS notes two times, one in March and the other in June. I got replies for both of them after completing my 6 months in this week one on Monday and the next today....is there any one with similar scenario here??

Aor Feb 9th, Med March 29th, Bio May 24th, Elgibility Review required, Criminality in progress, Security not started, VO Sydney Novascotia, Category CEC express entry, one dependent on file.
AOR Feb 14th, CEC, single applicant. Similar case to yours

Dannny

Star Member
Nov 8, 2017
My goodness. How are you handling the anxiety and stress?
I am finding it difficult just after 6 months. Is there a way at all for us to make the officers to look into our file?
I ordered dozens of GCMS notes only to find out that my application was not touched since October 2018. I called IRCC several times and sent a bunch of emails, which was completely useless in my case so far. Then I contacted my local MP, they didn't change much but my my file is in queue for the officer and not awaiting review of an agent now. Several days ago I sent a letter to Minister of Immigration, haven't received a response yet.

Karthicp2000

Jul 29, 2019
I ordered dozens of GCMS notes only to find out that my application was not touched since October 2018. I called IRCC several times and sent a bunch of emails, which was completely useless in my case so far. Then I contacted my local MP, they didn't change much but my my file is in queue for the officer and not awaiting review of an agent now. Several days ago I sent a letter to Minister of Immigration, haven't received a response yet.
This is the same happening to me as well. My file was not opened after 2nd week of March. Every day I am thinking of writing to Prime Minister as it helped to one of my friend after an year of waiting.
I am not getting the courage to do it as I am afraid if it may negatively affect my application. At the same time this waiting time without any progress is frustrating :(

d6k5d3

Star Member
Oct 31, 2018
Is something wrong with Sydney office? Those who got PPR (AOR in 2018) from Sydney, would you please mention how long you had to wait to get the PPR?

d6k5d3

Star Member
Oct 31, 2018
To all who are excited about the message that says: application is to be reviewed by an officer,

I spoke to an agent last week, and was asking about the implication of the above message, as I also received the same. The agent said it was a generic reply to all queries related to the status of application sent to VO. It does not have any significance. However, when I asked why my security screening was taking so long, the agent said that security is done outside IRCC, and hence GCMS might not have a real time update. Despite GCMS showing 'security not initiated', it may have already initiated, and been under process.

Anyways, the waiting is getting unbearable; it is like slow-poisoning.

Reactions: pandeys and PrasadK