+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Switching from multiple entry to single entry Visa

happymama

Jun 26, 2013
Yesterday my mother-in-law submitted an application for a multiple entry visa (Supervisa) to the Visa office in her home country. She was told that it would take 3 months for the medicals to get done (A to Z) and that she would likely not be able to travel by our expected day of June 22nd.

Does anyone know if it's possible to switch a Visa request to single entry instead of multiple entry? I sent an e-mail to the Visa office abroad but am worried they might not get the e-mail in time for the change.

Anyone that's had the same issue, or anyone that could provide some insight/ feedback, it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You would have to withdraw the super visa application and resubmit a new application for a regular visitor visa if you want to switch.

happymama

Jun 26, 2013
I just wanted to update my original post because I realized it wasn't so clear. The issue was more regarding a discrepancy between the category submitted and the supporting documents

On the IMM 5257, under the ‘Details of Visit to Canada’ my mother-in-law entered “Tourism” in the drop-down for the purpose of her visit to Canada, however we supplied her with Supporting documents for a SuperVisa (i.e LICO requirements, insurance coverage for a year, etc.). Will her application be treated and processed as a Supervisa application or a regular single entry Visa?

Any insight and would be greatly appreciated.