+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Supporting Document for Outland Sponsorship

ms_sarbear

Feb 13, 2014
Hi,
Me and my husband have been dating 8 years and just got married Feb 29th before Covid. We are concern about a couple of things on the application as we are putting it together.

1) He is unable to get fingerprinted for police certificate, but I heard that if we explain in a letter that we can still submit our application?

2) They want proof of visits but since he is from Washington and I am from Vancouver, we just drive across borders. They do not stamp our passports. If I write a letter explaining that is that good enough? What kind of proof can I give them.

3) We don't really have documentary evidence of financial support between me and him? We support ourselves. We have gone to trips and bought tickets on one credit card is that what they want? What sort of proof are people poutting for shared expenses?

4) My Notice of Assessment last year for income is very small due to being a student but I am not working in a permanent position and have steady income? Will that affect anything?

I just really don't want them to send out application back.

Thanks!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi,
Me and my husband have been dating 8 years and just got married Feb 29th before Covid. We are concern about a couple of things on the application as we are putting it together.

1) He is unable to get fingerprinted for police certificate, but I heard that if we explain in a letter that we can still submit our application?

2) They want proof of visits but since he is from Washington and I am from Vancouver, we just drive across borders. They do not stamp our passports. If I write a letter explaining that is that good enough? What kind of proof can I give them.

3) We don't really have documentary evidence of financial support between me and him? We support ourselves. We have gone to trips and bought tickets on one credit card is that what they want? What sort of proof are people poutting for shared expenses?

4) My Notice of Assessment last year for income is very small due to being a student but I am not working in a permanent position and have steady income? Will that affect anything?

I just really don't want them to send out application back.

Thanks!
1. Yes, you can apply with an LOE that he can't get the fingerprints due to COVID-19.

2. You can include an LOE or you can request border reports.

3. Shared rent/bills, sending each other money, financially supporting each other etc. If you don't have it, then choose one of the other proof option.

4. As long as you can show you don't need welfare to support yourselves, it's fine.