+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Supplementary Information: Your Travels

skm12345

Feb 18, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Please let me know if we need to put only short trips in this form or all long trips too.

For example I was in USA for around 2 years for work and in UK for around 2 years for work. Shall I put this information or not.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
skm12345 said:
Please let me know if we need to put only short trips in this form or all long trips too.

For example I was in USA for around 2 years for work and in UK for around 2 years for work. Shall I put this information or not.
From the instruction guide:

List all trips you have taken outside your country of origin or of residence in the last ten years (or since your 18th birthday if this was less than ten years ago). Include all trips: tourism, business, training, etc.

If you did not travel outside your country during this period, check “did not travel”.
So yes, you will have to list every trip, no matter how long you took outside your country of origin or of
residence.

Cheers

spookyb

Mar 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Feb-2013
AOR Received.
22-Mar-2013
Med's Request
06-Dec-2013
Med's Done....
16-Dec-2013
Passport Req..
24-Mar-2014
VISA ISSUED...
31-Mar-2014
LANDED..........
10-Apr-2014
I have a slightly different opinion on this. It says trips you have taken outside your country of origin OR of residence....

Therefore, if you were living in your country of origin, note trips you took away from there. If, however, you were a resident somewhere else, such as the USA or UK, you should write down trips you took outside of that country while you were living there. I was in the US for studies for 5 years. I did not write down my stay there as "a trip". In fact, my stay in the US is in my residential addresses. For myself, I wrote down all trips I had taken outside of the US while I was living there (since that was my country of residence). Same with my time spent in Canada.

Hope my long-winded explanation makes sense. Again, this is just my opinion and interpretation.

ju_mark

Star Member
Oct 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
The really fast one
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Med's Request
Med's Done....
VISA ISSUED...
COPR issued: 20-07-2014
LANDED..........
Sept 11, 2014 (Tsawassen)
I have the same problem and I am not sure I completely understand your explanation. My country of origin is Germany, but I am currently living in Canada (I came to Canada in August 2010 on a Work&Travel visa and since then have been on and off, at the moment I am here on a 2 year WP). Which trips would I have to put down for CEC? For example, I went home to Germany (country of origin) for 3 weeks in February 2013. Do I put this down or leave it out?

Also, what do I do with trips that I simply cannot track down any more (e.g. 2 day weekend trip to Denmark somewhen between 2005 and 2007? I have no train tickets and for travelling in Europe you dont get stamps in your passport).

thanks a lot for your help :)

kprs_ind

Apr 17, 2013
Chennai
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-08-2013
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
06-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
10-03-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2014
LANDED..........
29-07-2014
spookyb said:
I have a slightly different opinion on this. It says trips you have taken outside your country of origin OR of residence....

Therefore, if you were living in your country of origin, note trips you took away from there. If, however, you were a resident somewhere else, such as the USA or UK, you should write down trips you took outside of that country while you were living there. I was in the US for studies for 5 years. I did not write down my stay there as "a trip". In fact, my stay in the US is in my residential addresses. For myself, I wrote down all trips I had taken outside of the US while I was living there (since that was my country of residence). Same with my time spent in Canada.

Hope my long-winded explanation makes sense. Again, this is just my opinion and interpretation.
If Canada is your current country of residence, then you should mention your stay in US as well because that is neither your country of origin nor residence.

kprs_ind

Apr 17, 2013
Chennai
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-08-2013
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
06-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
10-03-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2014
LANDED..........
29-07-2014
ju_mark said:
I have the same problem and I am not sure I completely understand your explanation. My country of origin is Germany, but I am currently living in Canada (I came to Canada in August 2010 on a Work&Travel visa and since then have been on and off, at the moment I am here on a 2 year WP). Which trips would I have to put down for CEC? For example, I went home to Germany (country of origin) for 3 weeks in February 2013. Do I put this down or leave it out?

Also, what do I do with trips that I simply cannot track down any more (e.g. 2 day weekend trip to Denmark somewhen between 2005 and 2007? I have no train tickets and for travelling in Europe you dont get stamps in your passport).

thanks a lot for your help :)
I guess you can ignore your trip to Denmark as there is no official or legal proof of your travel. No embassy or govt. agency can track that. This is my opinion. Let's wait to hear from seniors!

ju_mark

Star Member
Oct 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
The really fast one
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Med's Request
Med's Done....
VISA ISSUED...
COPR issued: 20-07-2014
LANDED..........
Sept 11, 2014 (Tsawassen)
kprs_ind said:
I guess you can ignore your trip to Denmark as there is no official or legal proof of your travel. No embassy or govt. agency can track that. This is my opinion. Let's wait to hear from seniors!
Makes sense, that's what I thought too. But you really get doubts when you finally put it on paper. What about trips from Germany to Canada or Canada to Germany. Would I have to put those in the Your Travels document? For example: I am in Canada since August 2010. Was in Germany (country of origin) in March 2011 and came back to Canada (country of residence). I appreciate your help :)

lpc19800

Champion Member
May 21, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 14 2013
AOR Received.
February 24 2013
Med's Request
November 13, 2013
Med's Done....
December 5, 2013
Interview........
Waived: RPRF requested: November 13, 2013
Passport Req..
Visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
January 6, 2014
LANDED..........
January 29, 2014
ju_mark said:
Makes sense, that's what I thought too. But you really get doubts when you finally put it on paper. What about trips from Germany to Canada or Canada to Germany. Would I have to put those in the Your Travels document? For example: I am in Canada since August 2010. Was in Germany (country of origin) in March 2011 and came back to Canada (country of residence). I appreciate your help :)
It's from outside your country of residence - if you're living in Canada at the time and go back to your citizenship country, it should be listed as a trip.

Btw - I am also European and was advised to make the best guess I could n the dates I went away - I was traveling 2-3 times a month at one point. Everything was listed - even if it's a guess, they cannot accuse you of misrepresentation if for some unknown reason, they find out

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
lpc19800 said:
It's from outside your country of residence - if you're living in Canada at the time and go back to your citizenship country, it should be listed as a trip.

Btw - I am also European and was advised to make the best guess I could n the dates I went away - I was traveling 2-3 times a month at one point. Everything was listed - even if it's a guess, they cannot accuse you of misrepresentation if for some unknown reason, they find out
Correct, they only can if you don't list trips. If you're not sure about the dates, as lpc19800 said, make a guess. I usually
take some pictures on trips, check the time stamps or ask family and friends for help as they might be able to help too.

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
It is ok to say your best guess is "between 2005 to 2007 and exact dates unknown" or "exact address unknown". You can write a cover letter if the form does not allow text.