+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Supervisa

jenny012

Jan 4, 2019
Hi,
My parents have supervisa, they came to Canada June 2022, visa officer stamped one year in their passport. No hand written date.

July 2023 rules changed that supervisa allows to stay for 5years. Doi have to apply for extension if they would like to stay past June 2023?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
My parents have supervisa, they came to Canada June 2022, visa officer stamped one year in their passport. No hand written date.

July 2023 rules changed that supervisa allows to stay for 5years. Doi have to apply for extension if they would like to stay past June 2023?
Or they can go to the land border to get a new stamp for additional time.

jenny012

Jan 4, 2019
Aren’t they allowed to stay past one year then? Online it says 5years.

do they give visitor record at the border?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Aren’t they allowed to stay past one year then? Online it says 5years.

do they give visitor record at the border?
It is up to 5 years. The 5 years is not guaranteed. Yes they will have to try to get an extension in order to stay past the date stamped in their passport. They need to provide proof of another 1 year supervisa medical policy, proof of ties to their home country to show they have no intention of remaining in Canada longterm, proof of savings (both your and your parents, etc.)

NL75

Star Member
Jul 25, 2020
Hi, I am applying for my Mother Super visa. Can any one share template of 'Purpose of Travel - Other' application which he submitted for Super Visa. I think it is just a application statins purpose of visit. Requesting help

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi, I am applying for my Mother Super visa. Can any one share template of 'Purpose of Travel - Other' application which he submitted for Super Visa. I think it is just a application statins purpose of visit. Requesting help
Please don’t post multiple posts. Be patient and wait to see if you get a response before posting the same question numerous times.

Ma6181

Oct 13, 2020
Hi Team Members, I have in similiar situation, my parents came last year on super visa , border officer stamps for 6 months, before 6 months I applied for extension for 1 more year, now the extension of that year approved which is till August 2023. My question can I apply for extension for 1 year or more before August of 2023?

jenny012

Jan 4, 2019
It is up to 5 years. The 5 years is not guaranteed. Yes they will have to try to get an extension in order to stay past the date stamped in their passport. They need to provide proof of another 1 year supervisa medical policy, proof of ties to their home country to show they have no intention of remaining in Canada longterm, proof of savings (both your and your parents, etc.)
Hi,

I reached out to CIC and below is the response I got
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).​

The parent and grandparent super visa can allow eligible parents and grandparents to remain in Canada for an authorized period of up to two or five years on each entry, depending when you were last admitted into Canada.
However, if there is:
  • A stamp in your passport and a handwritten date, or
  • A Visitor Record was issued to you
It is important you leave the countryon or before the date indicated on it.
  • A stamp in your passport, but no handwritten date,
  • No stamp in your passport, or
  • You did not require a passport to enter Canada
  • If you entered Canada:
    • before July 4, 2022, it is important that you leave the country two yearsfrom the date of your entry.
    • on or after July 4, 2022, it is important that you leave the country five yearsfrom the date of your entry.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I reached out to CIC and below is the response I got
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).​

The parent and grandparent super visa can allow eligible parents and grandparents to remain in Canada for an authorized period of up to two or five years on each entry, depending when you were last admitted into Canada.
However, if there is:
  • A stamp in your passport and a handwritten date, or
  • A Visitor Record was issued to you
It is important you leave the countryon or before the date indicated on it.
  • A stamp in your passport, but no handwritten date,
  • No stamp in your passport, or
  • You did not require a passport to enter Canada
  • If you entered Canada:
    • before July 4, 2022, it is important that you leave the country two yearsfrom the date of your entry.
    • on or after July 4, 2022, it is important that you leave the country five yearsfrom the date of your entry.
How do you know that they were given a 1 year stay if no date was written in their passport?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi Team Members, I have in similiar situation, my parents came last year on super visa , border officer stamps for 6 months, before 6 months I applied for extension for 1 more year, now the extension of that year approved which is till August 2023. My question can I apply for extension for 1 year or more before August of 2023?
Are you sure they didn’t get a TRV? Does the code on their visa say PG-1?

armel10

Jun 2, 2023
Hello I have applied for my parent's super visa but I have not submitted their financial situation, should I be worried??? The documents I submitted are: 1. Letter of invitation with my citizenship certificate 2. proof of income: notice of assessment 3. national identity document: identity card 4. travel document: passport 5. proof of funds: a short note that I am the one who will pay for everything with a sermon signed by the sermation commissioner of Quebec, my savings account of $25,000, My payment stubs 6. relationship: birth certificate 7. Marriage certificate: extract from the marriage certificate 8. health insurance 9. additional documents: - travel history: two stays in Belgium