+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Supervisa - Travel insurance

Frangji

May 26, 2022
I want to apply for a supervisa for my mother. One of the conditions is travel insurance.

Here are the conditions:
  • have medical insurance from a Canadianinsurance company that is:
    • valid for at least 1 year from the date of entry
    • at least $100,000 coverage
    • have proof that the medical insurance has been paid (quotes aren’t accepted)
My mother is going to stay only 6 months, do I still have to buy a one year travel insurance?

When I apply for the supervisa do I have to buy the travel insurance before hand. I always buy it the day before she comes in Canada. With all covid rules how do I know how long is she going to stay?

So my question is can I buy a travel insurance only for 6 months?

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
I want to apply for a supervisa for my mother. One of the conditions is travel insurance.

Here are the conditions:
  • have medical insurance from a Canadianinsurance company that is:
    • valid for at least 1 year from the date of entry
    • at least $100,000 coverage
    • have proof that the medical insurance has been paid (quotes aren’t accepted)
My mother is going to stay only 6 months, do I still have to buy a one year travel insurance?

When I apply for the supervisa do I have to buy the travel insurance before hand. I always buy it the day before she comes in Canada. With all covid rules how do I know how long is she going to stay?

So my question is can I buy a travel insurance only for 6 months?
First Thing
You are talking about Medical insurance NOT travel Insurance. (Both are different)

Now assume your Question is about Medical insurance
- You must have to buy Medical insurance for 1 Year (Min.)
- You can opt monthly prem. or Annual , But in case of super Visa if you are going for monthly it gives a Quetion to Caseworker why monthly prem. is getting paid , (May raise a Query )
- You need to provide tentative start date , ex. you bought Medical insurance form 1 Aug and your mother is not coming by 1st Aug . you can call your agent and without any penalty dat get changed
- Yes in case your mother want to go after 6 month and you did not avail claim , remaining amount can be adjusted in her future travel OR you can take it back by paying 1 -2 month penalty .

Good Luck

Reactions: find_anand