Star Member
Apr 24, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Please share your parents/grandparents experienced at the POE:
What were the questions asked?
Did they ask for the return ticket?
Did they stamp their visa 1 or 2 yrs?

any information will be helpful.. especially about the return ticket.. the airlines doesnt want to sell us a oneway ticket.. my mom will be arriving on the 4th.. we're very nervous, this will be her first time travelling abroad..

thanks in advance

nanaykopo

Star Member
Apr 24, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
so at the POE in Vancouver the immigration officer asked my mom just 1 question.. How long are you staying in Canada..
They did not ask for a return ticket or proof of medical insurance.. I thought they were going to tell my mom or stamp her passport how long she can stay here but no stamp other than the date of entry.. So maybe she can stay as long as her visa isnt expired?

NT_PH

Mar 19, 2011
Davao
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
October 21,2011
nanaykopo said:
so at the POE in Vancouver the immigration officer asked my mom just 1 question.. How long are you staying in Canada..
They did not ask for a return ticket or proof of medical insurance.. I thought they were going to tell my mom or stamp her passport how long she can stay here but no stamp other than the date of entry.. So maybe she can stay as long as her visa isnt expired?
Congrats nanaykopo. sa nabasa ko lang if wala dong stamp yong passport. she one can stayed for 6 months.

adzees

Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, AB
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2015
Nomination.....
October 2015
AOR Received.
February 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
Med's Request
July 2016
Med's Done....
August 2016
nanaykopo said:
The stay validity is for up to two years or the expiry date of visa which ever comes in first. As per CIC, the immigration officer will not put any date on the passport except the date of entry.

Torap

Star Member
Jan 20, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2012
Doc's Request.
No
AOR Received.
15-04-2012
IELTS Request
Sent along with application
Med's Request
08-05-2012
Med's Done....
16-05-2012
Passport Req..
28-06-2012
VISA ISSUED...
05-07-2012
LANDED..........
05-07-2012
nanaykopo said:
Hi Friends,

I recently applied Super Visa for my Mom and she has got back the Passport stamped with the Visa. But, the Visa says it is a Multiple entry Visitor Visa.

So I am just wondering if they issued a Visitor Visa or Super Visa. Can you guys please clarify on what was stamped on the passport in your case.

Please clarify me guys. I am really worried.

NT_PH

Mar 19, 2011
Davao
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
October 21,2011
Torap said:
Hi Friends,

I recently applied Super Visa for my Mom and she has got back the Passport stamped with the Visa. But, the Visa says it is a Multiple entry Visitor Visa.

So I am just wondering if they issued a Visitor Visa or Super Visa. Can you guys please clarify on what was stamped on the passport in your case.

i think its Super visa coz you apply your Mom Super visa.

Torap

Star Member
Jan 20, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2012
Doc's Request.
No
AOR Received.
15-04-2012
IELTS Request
Sent along with application
Med's Request
08-05-2012
Med's Done....
16-05-2012
Passport Req..
28-06-2012
VISA ISSUED...
05-07-2012
LANDED..........
05-07-2012
Thank you Guys. It says the category as PG-1 which I suppose is a Super Visa. A sigh of relief. Thank God :)

leycute

Star Member
Mar 3, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Torap said:
Hi Friends,

as far as I know, they will not stamped supervisa.. the difference is, regulat tourist visa is shorter period of time and you don't need medical insurance, and Supervisa, it's longer up to 10 yrs extended but you need to get medical insurance..