+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Supervisa: Just received Passport Request but NO MEDICAL? IS THIS NORMAL ?

LAMARYo

Feb 27, 2017
HI All,

I applied for supervisa for my parents online in Dec 15th 2016, on Dec 17th they asked for biometric and they were done Dec 20th.

I check everyday online since then and there is no updates on their files .. until this morning Feb 27th we received an email for PASSPORT REQUEST !!!!! ?[/u]? Decision has been made please submit passports? But no Medical?? IS this normal ?

I've been expecting medical requests all this time but they surprised me with passport request not medical? I bought a Canadian insurance for them and also included their own World Wide health insurance... both of my parents have excellent travel history and both have strong tights to back home .. work and kids..

Please advise if you have been through this or you heard this before, supervisa can be accepted without medical ?? And Yes it is a supervisa not the regular 6 months visitor visa.. I used a lawyer and he did everything for them.
Thanks!

Sparkling

Star Member
May 13, 2015
My friend has a similar experience, they applied for a Supervisa for his mom. They provided Medical insurance and filled up all necessary form and provided all documents. Passport was requested without Medical exam. Long story short, they issued her a Regular Visit Visa and NOT Super Visa.

So, double check, call or email them to make sure you are getting the Supervisa. I'm pretty sure the Medical Exam is a requirement for Suepervisa.

LAMARYo

Feb 27, 2017
Sparkling said:
My friend has a similar experience, they applied for a Supervisa for his mom. They provided Medical insurance and filled up all necessary form and provided all documents. Passport was requested without Medical exam. Long story short, they issued her a Regular Visit Visa and NOT Super Visa.

So, double check, call or email them to make sure you are getting the Supervisa. I'm pretty sure the Medical Exam is a requirement for Suepervisa.
Thank you Sparkling.
But why would they issue a regular visa if the application submitted was for supervisa! what a confusion! Can't believe that the officer wont tell the different ? specially in the amount of docs we submitted !! obviously it's not for a regular visa.
I read a comment for someone from Pakistan had the same experience but the big surprise that they gave his parents 4 years each supervisa with no medical!!!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Sometimes the officer will decide to issue a regular visitor visa even though a super visa has been requested. So it's very possibly not a mistake - but the officer's decision to issue a regular visitor visa.

LAMARYo

Feb 27, 2017
scylla said:
Sometimes the officer will decide to issue a regular visitor visa even though a super visa has been requested. So it's very possibly not a mistake - but the officer's decision to issue a regular visitor visa.

Thank you Scylla.
But what a waist of time and money and docs!!! As you guys know the supervisa requires lot of docs more than the regular visa? why would they do such a thing... just deciding to issue a regular one.. urggg .. if I want a regular visa I'd just apply for one not to pick supervisa..

Sorry I'm so frustrated and I'll be so disappointment if they issued just a regular 6 months.. but let's see what they will stamp them next week when they submit their passports.

Thanks for your comments all.