+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa Timeline -- Islamabad, Pakistan

smk89

Feb 7, 2013
Dear Members,
I submitted supervise on July 15, got biometric submission request on July 16. My father visited VFS same day. While submitting application we submit upfront medical. But still got a medical request on Aug. 6 with a form.
So tried to call for appointment but didn't go through. so sent an email for appointment on canmedpk@iom.int

Even after 10 days no response. Father visited the same medical clinic where he had been for upfront medical. They said you have to follow embassy instruction. But this time they give a different email address. that is mdhislamabad@iom.int
Its been 3 days since email sent to new email days.

I strongly advise not to do upfront medical as far as my experience is concerned.

Anyone with the same scenario????

Any quick way to take appointment????

Is there any phone number where we can call and take appointment????

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
How long is the usual wait time for medical checkup with designated doctor? I am going to call them to make an appointment but I am wondering how long the process takes (does my mother-in-law have to go to many laboratories), and also if doctor needs weeks of advance notice?

THanks,

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
smk89 said:
Dear Members,
I submitted supervise on July 15, got biometric submission request on July 16. My father visited VFS same day. While submitting application we submit upfront medical. But still got a medical request on Aug. 6 with a form.
So tried to call for appointment but didn't go through. so sent an email for appointment on canmedpk @ iom.int

Even after 10 days no response. Father visited the same medical clinic where he had been for upfront medical. They said you have to follow embassy instruction. But this time they give a different email address. that is mdhislamabad @ iom.int
Its been 3 days since email sent to new email days.

I strongly advise not to do upfront medical as far as my experience is concerned.

Anyone with the same scenario????

Any quick way to take appointment????

Is there any phone number where we can call and take appointment????
Did you do this online? When you did biometrics at VFS what other documents did they check?

smk89

Feb 7, 2013
I applied online...so first thing was biometric request. VFS checks identity documents (passport) and the biometric request form send by CIC.

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
smk89 said:
I applied online...so first thing was biometric request. VFS checks identity documents (passport) and the biometric request form send by CIC.
Thanks. You probably got medical request because it takes a while for your medical results to show up and in the mean time the VO was processing your file and since no results were on file they just sent a letter. You will have to send them a letter I guess or maybe the doctor can re-send to trigger the process again. I am at awe with this broken and dumb system.

Someone else on the forum said that it took them about 12 days for medical results to reach the embassy. I am wondering if it's still the same given the protests etc...

Speaking of which, are any of the Canadian Embassy, designated medics, or VFS centers effected by the protests? Would any of this means delays?

aasghar

Jul 20, 2014
Got my birth certificate from Union council and FRC (with my sister as Applicant), submitted to Islamabad via email on Sunday. Got a letter today - everything approved, and they've asked for passports.

Thank you everyone for your help !!

aasghar said:
Hi Usman:

I just got this email from the Canadian High Commission, Islamabad, stating:

This refers to your applications for Temporary Resident Visas. In order to continue the processing of your applications, please provide the following information/documents:

- Documentary proof of your relationship to the host, ie. Your family registration certificate or your host's birth certificate. Must be issued by NADRA.

Now I live in Canada (14 years now), and had submitted my birth certificate with teh Application - My birth certificate is from 1977. How do I respond to the Canadian High Commission.

Thanks

nsiddiqui

Aug 26, 2014
I don't get it. When you apply for super visa, you expect faster application processing. But this is not what they do in Islamabad embassy. It took them almost 60 days to send me a medical examination request for my parents super visa. The day I received email regarding medical request, protestors arrived in Islamabad. I tried to call to book an appointment but in vain. Nobody picking up my call. I sent appointment request by email, no response. My father visited the clinic to book an appointment in person but they don't do it there either. This is not super visa. They should rather call it Tortoise Visa in Pakistan.

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
nsiddiqui said:
I don't get it. When you apply for super visa, you expect faster application processing. But this is not what they do in Islamabad embassy. It took them almost 60 days to send me a medical examination request for my parents super visa. The day I received email regarding medical request, protestors arrived in Islamabad. I tried to call to book an appointment but in vain. Nobody picking up my call. I sent appointment request by email, no response. My father visited the clinic to book an appointment in person but they don't do it there either. This is not super visa. They should rather call it Tortoise Visa in Pakistan.
That's awful. What the hell do protests have to do with the doctor? Is he not in his office? and why the heck do people protest in Pakistan so much? this politician or that what difference does it make??? they are all the same and just rotating. Commons have terrible short-term memories.

Anyhow, did you try other designated doctors like in Karachi?

nsiddiqui

Aug 26, 2014
Interesting. The very next day, after I submitted my comments in this forum, I got an email from Islamabad Visa Office regarding contact information of different medical centers in Pakistan. This time they have added mobile numbers as well to book an appointments. Further more, they have provided local phone number of the medical center as well.

So we are now able to book an appointment in Karachi for Sep 9th 2014. Polio certificate is also required in addition to the routine medical examination report.

informatics

Aug 3, 2009
nsiddiqui said:
Interesting. The very next day, after I submitted my comments in this forum, I got an email from Islamabad Visa Office regarding contact information of different medical centers in Pakistan. This time they have added mobile numbers as well to book an appointments. Further more, they have provided local phone number of the medical center as well.

So we are now able to book an appointment in Karachi for Sep 9th 2014. Polio certificate is also required in addition to the routine medical examination report.
Hello ,

My parents have just received a medical request from CHC ISD . Could you please provide me with the DMPs Mobile/cell numbers in Lahore . As due to some personal reason , my parents need to visit Canada ASAP so I would highly appreciate if you could let me know about them.

Thank you

apa108

Star Member
Apr 14, 2012
Hello , We received medical request on July 12 but situation is very tense in Islamabad and we have not received any response from mediccal centre. We are very close to 60 days expiring. What to do ?

ranasahib

Star Member
Oct 6, 2010
App. Filed.......
June 2016
apa108 said:
Hello , We received medical request on July 12 but situation is very tense in Islamabad and we have not received any response from mediccal centre. We are very close to 60 days expiring. What to do ?

Hey

Why you guys waste your time in islamabad then go to lahore, you can easily get appointment from there.

apa108

Star Member
Apr 14, 2012
ranasahib said:
Hey

Why you guys waste your time in islamabad then go to lahore, you can easily get appointment from there.
Just tried Lahore as well, no response from them.

nsiddiqui

Aug 26, 2014
informatics said:
Hello ,

My parents have just received a medical request from CHC ISD . Could you please provide me with the DMPs Mobile/cell numbers in Lahore . As due to some personal reason , my parents need to visit Canada ASAP so I would highly appreciate if you could let me know about them.

Thank you
+92 307 537 1776 and +92 306 292 2575

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
nsiddiqui said:
+92 307 537 1776 and +92 306 292 2575
Ok, so it's only Lahore or Karachi and even those ones are not open? Can anyone confirm? and what happens if things are not stable in 60 days? file drops?

How about giving medical in another country?

Thanks,