+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa Timeline -- Islamabad, Pakistan

ZU

Star Member
Feb 21, 2012
torontosm said:
Hi all,

My mother-in-law just received her super visa in Pakistan and I wanted to share my timeline:

- Application submitted: Feb. 1, 2013
- Medical request received: March 10, 2013
- Medical Completed: March 18, 2013
- Passport and visa received: April 2, 2013

Please message me with any questions, and good luck to all.
Congrats. For how long is the visa valid ?

xaideez

Apr 1, 2012
Ontario - Canada
Category........
m.hasani said:
Hi Guys,

My mother is applying for the Super Visa from Pakistan, but we're just confused about what forms to fill out. On the CIC website under Apply-Parents and Grand parents theres only one form IMM5257.. but under the Application fo TRV there are a bunch of forms.... Also on the document checklist it says Family form "If applicable". I would think we don't have to fill out the family form because it asks about brothers and sisters, my mother has 10 siblings and they are all around the world!! why would islamabad need to know the addresses of my Khala's and Mamoo's??? Please help me out with the forms we need to fill. Thanks :)
Hi ...all the forms are same for super visa like normal visit visa except you've to attached few additional docs.

1) Medical Insurance
2) Invitation Letter
3) Your financial Doc (T4, Notice of assessment, Job letter or so on)
4) Its better to attach, your parent's Ties letter (Like if they own any property back home or if they get any assistance form govt. there), that'll show that they'll go back.

Best of luck:)

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
Insurance-Broker said:
That's pretty quick! Did you do anything special?
Thanks! I didn't really do anything special, except provide a lot of supporting documents in an organized manner, and explain everything thoroughly in a cover letter. It's her first time outside of Pakistan and she is a widow, but it didn't seem to make a difference. The visa she received is valid for four years.

Simply

Star Member
Jan 28, 2013
Hi Torontosm,

Congrats.
You mom in law is very lucky :) My mom applied on Jan 10, 2013- did her medicals on Feb 4, 2013 and has not received the visa yet. I don't know what CHC is doing- have contacted them quite a few time- and they say it is under processing without providing any further details. It is so frustrating. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
Simply said:
Hi Torontosm,

Congrats.
You mom in law is very lucky :) My mom applied on Jan 10, 2013- did her medicals on Feb 4, 2013 and has not received the visa yet. I don't know what CHC is doing- have contacted them quite a few time- and they say it is under processing without providing any further details. It is so frustrating. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Simply, sorry to hear that. I have no idea what could be taking them so long. Did the doctor at the clinic tell her whether her medical was clear? Apparently some people are being asked to do the medical again, according to the doctor my mother-in-law went to. Regardless, I'm sure she will get it soon. Good luck!

Simply

Star Member
Jan 28, 2013
Awe...thanks Torontosm, it is very kind of you. They did some extra tests for my mom and everything was ok. Thanks for the best wishes :)

Tinko

Feb 12, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asalaam O Alaikum,

I would like to apply mother-in-law and father-in-law for super visa. Please advise which forms have to be filled, what information I should attached, what are steps that should be followed, what is the chances of getting the visa. Please advise.

Thank you!

hani13

Mar 11, 2013
hi Guys, finalizing our super visa application for MIL.. stuck on some items.. can you pls help?

1) how many photographs are required?
2) will a bank statement from our side with balance showing be sufficient?
3) what documents are good for showing proof of relationship?
4) if i have already gotten notice of assessment, do i still need letter from employer?
5) is an itinary necessary? she does not plan on travelling for another 4 months

thanks a lot

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
hani13 said:
hi Guys, finalizing our super visa application for MIL.. stuck on some items.. can you pls help?

1) how many photographs are required?
2) will a bank statement from our side with balance showing be sufficient?
3) what documents are good for showing proof of relationship?
4) if i have already gotten notice of assessment, do i still need letter from employer?
5) is an itinary necessary? she does not plan on travelling for another 4 months

thanks a lot
Hi Hani, I can answer based on what I did, and I'm sure others can shed some more light on things:

2) I'm sure it will be, but as always, the more information you provide, the stronger the case will be;
3) I provided passport copies of myself, my wife and my children, along with my wife's birth certificate (which lists my MIL as a parent);
4) Probably not, but again, it can't hurt and can only help;
5) I did not provide one

I hope this helps

Arish

Apr 19, 2013
I have a question for the my friends here(might be a stupid one):

I have applied for my Mother in Laws's super visa and would like to know:
She was sent a letter to have her Medical exam done and was sent her passport with it. Now when her medical was completed the Med Clinic folks sent the results but asked my mother in law to keep the passport until the consulate asks for it.
My question is:
Is she supposed to wait till the consulate asks for her passport or?
should she send the passport even though they have not asked for it?
What is the normal procedure.......
Also the time period is 77 days(as per the site). Is the time counted from the time they receive the medical or from the time they ask for medical?

All help is appreciated.

xaideez

Apr 1, 2012
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Arish said:
I have a question for the my friends here(might be a stupid one):

I have applied for my Mother in Laws's super visa and would like to know:
She was sent a letter to have her Medical exam done and was sent her passport with it. Now when her medical was completed the Med Clinic folks sent the results but asked my mother in law to keep the passport until the consulate asks for it.
My question is:
Is she supposed to wait till the consulate asks for her passport or?
should she send the passport even though they have not asked for it?
What is the normal procedure.......
Also the time period is 77 days(as per the site). Is the time counted from the time they receive the medical or from the time they ask for medical?

Just send it back to Visa Office, The days start from the day you submitted your application first time.

Thanks
Xaideez

All help is appreciated.

engr.taha

Star Member
Aug 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
21-08-2013
File Transfer...
21-11-2013
Med's Request
23-08-2013
Passport Req..
04-06-2014
Does anybody know that how is high commission requesting for medical these days? (through e-mail or paper based?)

engr.taha

Star Member
Aug 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
21-08-2013
File Transfer...
21-11-2013
Med's Request
23-08-2013
Passport Req..
04-06-2014
torontosm said:
My MIL received a paper-based letter via TCS.
Did your MIL provide the email address in her application form?

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
engr.taha said:
Did your MIL provide the email address in her application form?
She did, and I also provided mine as a representative. But, we never received any Email correspondence at all.