+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa Steps

bam123

Oct 10, 2013
Hello Everyone,

I'm about to start the process of applying for Super Visa for my parents. I don't have much clue about Super Visa and have some questions. They will be lodging their application from Pakistan. I, the sponsor, have a full time job for the last 16 months with 6 digits salary and pay my taxes on time.

First of all, I would like to understand the medical insurance part. Do I need to purchase this in Canada myself? If so, how much does it cost approximately? My mum has no medical issues and my dad has diabetes? :(

Secondly, is the application easy enough for someone to fill out on their own or do they need to get services of some agent / lawyer?

Third and final question, my dad had earlier visa rejection to Canada (2 years ago) saying he couldn't prove his ties to his home country. Will this be an issue?

Thanks in anticipation.

sweetbitter

Sep 5, 2013
Yes you have to buy medical insurance from Canadian company and visa office require medical insurance copy while applying for visa. we bought from GMS insurance company for my in-laws for $2550 for both with $500 deductible. but my in-laws have no past medical issue..you father has diabetes so you might need to pay lil extra for him.

application is very easy..don't waste money to hire agent. if you have all required documents then to fill up application not sooo hard. there are no complicated qus. at all.

you didn't mention your dad had regular visitor visa rejection or super visa rejection? if you have all required documents and you met minimum income requirement and have medical insurance bought then you good to go...i never heard super visa rejection so far.

Good Luck

Keephope

Dec 2, 2013
Hi there,

ok it's not that hard as it looks, I did all the paperwork myself for my in-laws. Both of them had rejected stamp twice on their passports, for not prooving the home ties, but not to worry. write an emotional invitation letter that they have done so much for me, I want to show them what I have become because of their financial and emotional support...etc...etc......cic want to see why your parents should be given the visa, what have they done for you....coz sometimes they reject visa by saying that your son/daughter has achived on their own, you didn't help them in any way, why should we give visa to you

we are really positive this time.

we bought insurnace from GMS less than $2500/year for both, $1000 deductible

We had them do the upfront medical examination, meaning without cic asking for them, this is our choice, better go with this option to avoid delays.

ok, so I applied online on my father-in-laws behalf (no need to mention this), really easy. But you have to have all the required documents....here's the link to start...this link will ask for basic info for your parents who are applying.....and based on this questionaire, you'll be given a personalized document checklist.....make sure to say yes when they ask if medicals done within last 12 months.....this way they add the medical in your checklist for you to attach the e-medical that your parents will do "upfront" ( a tip - before going for actual cic upfrnt medical, get one done from your local doctor to see everything is right, if everything is ok, then book and appointment for "upfont medical" because the cic doctor won't disclose the results to you and submit your application at least a week after your medicals

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/medexams-temp.asp - click on "medical exam instructions" and then "undergo medical exma before you submit the application" and then you can find the doctor from the list of approved doctors

......so here's the link to apply online,,,

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/my_application/apply_online.asp

you have to login to GCkey as your father, with his info and add your mother as the spouse applicant......fill this out and get your personal check list......

after you get the personal checklist attach all the required document in check list. You parnets don't need to sign any document as you'll be asked to sign it electronicallly,,,,,only the notarized document should be signed by them.....

and after you have submit the application and pay the fee online, you should receive the application number by email, if you provided any.