+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super visa refusal

noorjosan

Feb 16, 2024
Hello
I applied for super visa for my mother and I received a refusal letter after a week with reason that application is missing an invitation letter from the host child but the invitation letter is attached to that application I have summary letter with that pdf attached. What to do in this situation as even if I reapply i dont know what different can I do?

AishB

Sep 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
13-02-2021
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
Check if the invitation letter meets the requirements as stated for supervisa

noorjosan

Feb 16, 2024
I mentioned about my brothers convocation
my finances
mothers finances
mother had super visa, visited us twice before so mentioned that
not sure how can i check what was missing also Why refusal letter says invitation letter signed written by the host child is not attached/ missing

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I mentioned about my brothers convocation
my finances
mothers finances
mother had super visa, visited us twice before so mentioned that
not sure how can i check what was missing also Why refusal letter says invitation letter signed written by the host child is not attached/ missing
So who is the host if she is coming for convocation? If it is your brother’s convocation then he is inviting her.

noorjosan

Feb 16, 2024
so I filled the form mentioning i am the host child
I wrote that invitation letter mentioning the primary purpose of her visit is to reunite with the family and as secondary I mentioned about his convocation
We are staying here away from our family and just wanted her to be with us during summers
also she have travelled before on super visa so this refusal letter is just not making sense to me
unless they didn’t read the form and just the letter and though host should be my brother

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
so I filled the form mentioning i am the host child
I wrote that invitation letter mentioning the primary purpose of her visit is to reunite with the family and as secondary I mentioned about his convocation
We are staying here away from our family and just wanted her to be with us during summers
also she have travelled before on super visa so this refusal letter is just not making sense to me
unless they didn’t read the form and just the letter and though host should be my brother
Not sure what you mean by “we are staying here away from family”. You are PR so living in Canada, not staying. May want to reapply with you as host without mention of convocation. This is for a supervisa so no reason for a supervisa if just coming for a convocation.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
so I reunite with family and spend sometime here together is enough reason for super visa ?
That is great. The issue is that IRCC may think that host and letter should have come from brother since that is a reason given, and brother not eligible to support supervisa.

noorjosan

Feb 16, 2024
also do I need to print sign the letter or typing is fine ?
also just trying to understand that officer didn’t read the form? where I mentioned who is host also is it not right to mention about convocation even is its my brother’s ?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
also do I need to print sign the letter or typing is fine ?
also just trying to understand that officer didn’t read the form? where I mentioned who is host also is it not right to mention about convocation even is its my brother’s ?
I don’t know what you submitted but if you feel there is an error then submit webform asking for reconsideration. State that you provided the documentation asked for and it was submitted.

noorjosan

Feb 16, 2024
yes I did submit a webform and waiting for their response, how long it usually takes ?
the exact wording in refusal letter was this

‘You did not provide letter of invitation written and signed by the host child promising financial support for the entire duration you intend to stay in Canada’

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello
I applied for super visa for my mother and I received a refusal letter after a week with reason that application is missing an invitation letter from the host child but the invitation letter is attached to that application I have summary letter with that pdf attached. What to do in this situation as even if I reapply i dont know what different can I do?
It’s unclear whether the issue is that an invitation is missed or that the application states that reason for travel is to attend convocation but another child is the one sending in the invitation letter. Do the siblings live in the same Canadian city? If attending convocation then that is typically a short visit. If you believe the invitation letter was missed you can ask for reconsideration via webform which is an informal process. The other option would be to apply again with a better invitation letter versus try for reconsideration. Th big issue that your mother is potentially going to face is concern that she will try to move to Canada and not return home if her children are now all living in Canada. It sounds like that was not the case when she applied for the previous supervisa. She will have to show that she has strong ties to her home country and that she will return home after her visit.

noorjosan

Feb 16, 2024
I mentioned family reunion and my brother’s convocation in the invitation letter
my mother is government teacher and has 10 years of service remaining until retirement
She can only visit in the month of June as she needs approval from the board before leaving India
She had super visa before and visited us twice for the month of June in 2022 and 2023
I shared all my financial details super visa insurance
I checked the pdf of client summary page and I see all the documents attached to it.
the refusal letter sent with the following reason

‘You did not provide letter of invitation written and signed by the host child promising financial support for the entire duration you intend to stay in Canada’