+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa PPR Issue

moh2017

Jun 22, 2017
Hi,
Today ,my mother has received a passport request for her super visa application.
The problem is that she is going to travel to Finland in a couple of days.
She is planning to stay in Finland until mid of January.
Is it possible to ask for a change of VAC from India to Finland?
If yes, how do I do that?
Thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,
Today ,my mother has received a passport request for her super visa application.
The problem is that she is going to travel to Finland in a couple of days.
She is planning to stay in Finland until mid of January.
Is it possible to ask for a change of VAC from India to Finland?
If yes, how do I do that?
Thanks
This may be difficult due to the delays. It may take over a month to transfer the stamping location to Finland and then she may not receive her passport back in time to leave Finland. There are 2 weeks where minimal work gets done around the holiday time. I would ask for an extension to send in her passport in January and would include proof of her flight to Finland. Bring up the fact that due to the response time to change the stamping location to Finland, the turnaround time to send in passport fir stamping and the holidays she is fearful that she would not get her passport back in time for her flight home in January. If an extension is not possible then I would ask to change stamping location to Finland.

moh2017

Jun 22, 2017
This may be difficult due to the delays. It may take over a month to transfer the stamping location to Finland and then she may not receive her passport back in time to leave Finland. There are 2 weeks where minimal work gets done around the holiday time. I would ask for an extension to send in her passport in January and would include proof of her flight to Finland. Bring up the fact that due to the response time to change the stamping location to Finland, the turnaround time to send in passport fir stamping and the holidays she is fearful that she would not get her passport back in time for her flight home in January. If an extension is not possible then I would ask to change stamping location to Finland.
Thanks for your response!
Is there a email/phone I need to get in touch with for extension/change of stamping location?
Or should I contact through the webform?
Also, found the below text on the IRCC website but not sure if it is applicable for stamping.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/offices/find-visa-application-centre.html

You can
  • go to a VAC that isn’t in your country of residence
  • either call, email or visit VACs in person (check the VAC’s website before you go)

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks for your response!
Is there a email/phone I need to get in touch with for extension/change of stamping location?
Or should I contact through the webform?
Also, found the below text on the IRCC website but not sure if it is applicable for stamping.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/offices/find-visa-application-centre.html

You can
  • go to a VAC that isn’t in your country of residence
  • either call, email or visit VACs in person (check the VAC’s website before you go)
Webform. You can try and contact the VAC in Finland and see if you can just submit there. Most get permission first but they should be able to tell you if they can look in their internal system and allow stamping in Finland.

Reactions: moh2017

moh2017

Jun 22, 2017
Webform. You can try and contact the VAC in Finland and see if you can just submit there. Most get permission first but they should be able to tell you if they can look in their internal system and allow stamping in Finland.
Thanks! Appreciate your quick and clear response.