+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

super visa medical

mystyle319

Mar 27, 2013
is it possible to just do the medical here in canada .. my mom has been through several medical examination backhome and just couldnt pass it..i need her before school break so she could help me look after the kids while im working..

and my other question is.. just because this supervisa seems to be taking longer to process than regular visa.. is it possible to just switch her application to regular visa so that she doesnt have to go through all this medical hassle.?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
She needs to pass the medical to be approved for the super visa. So unless she is already in Canada, she will have to complete the medical in her home country. Also, if she has failed the medical in her home country - the results won't be any different in Canada.

It is not possible to switch the application to a regular visit visa. You will have to withdraw the super visa application and then submit a new application for a regular visit visa. Keep in mind that visitor visas only allow you to visit for six months. If you want to stay longer, you must applied for an extension and there is no guarantee that extension will be approved.

mystyle319

Mar 27, 2013
thanks for your input..really appreciate it..yeah i guess that is my only option.. to withdraw her application for supervisa and just re apply for regular.... ..i just want her to experience life here in canada.. if she'll only be given six months..im good with that.. my mom and i also put in some money to our bank to show the embassy that we have funds for this application.. but since shes been going back and fort to st.luke for medical many times...we just dont know anymore where to find money to use for all this medical expense.. st.luke is one of the most expensive hospital backhome.
and bec of frustration she went to two doctors to ask for second opinion. both test came out clear..too bad they are not accredited by immigration.so i just dont know what to do .. i am loosing hope.

Gary Goldshmidt

Dec 4, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
On a positive note it is easier to get a medical done here while she is in Canada. I have a client right now that has had their super visa application drag out over eight month due to additional medical tests.

mystyle319

Mar 27, 2013
that's right.. its just i wont be able to get my money back from the medical insurance company .. because technically the application is not denied yet.. based on my understanding. you can only get your money back if your application in not approve .

Gary Goldshmidt

Dec 4, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
When you buy super visa medical insurance the policy is on hold until you start using it which is the actual departure date, however in order to get the policy issued you still had to indicate the effective date. In all cases the effective date has to be amended to coincide with the departure date. You can get a refund anytime prior to the departure date. In some cases it is advisable to do so. I have many clients who call me to apply for a super visa but have no intention of using the coverage within a six month period, I advise then to call the insurance company or go to any site online and buy coverage then after the super visa is approved they get a full refund, be careful which company you do this with as some have high cancellation fees other insurance companies don't have a cancellation fee. When their parents actually plan to visit Canada they call me back and buy the actual policy they will use preferable within a one month period prior to their departure date. The reason why I advise clients to cancel their policies is if there is a change in health between the application date and the departure date and the insurance company is not notified to get the policy approved the policy is null and void. The other reason is the definitions used by insurance companies for pre-existing conditions is anything one seeks medical attention for regardless if they have been diagnosed with a medical condition or not. So by purchasing a policy closer to the departure date shortens the time frame the insurance company uses do deny claims.
If the Insurance Company refuses to give you a refund for coverage you never used you can also file a complaint with the provincial regulator, in my experience I have never had a client that had to resort to this.
Hope this answers your questions, in the future use a broker that actually knows what they are doing, or contact me directly I will be able to assist you.
My direct line is 1.888.410.4393 Local Toronto Line 416.410.4393
Gary Goldshmidt
Managing Director
Stone-Hedge Financial Group Inc.