+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa - Medical Test Issue

wannaknowitall

Star Member
Jul 19, 2021
Ontario
Hello everyone, I hope you are all doing well.

Just wanted to share my parents Super Visa timeline and some issues we had along the way with the medical tests in hopes it helps someone.

!!Please note everyone's case is different and varies per application/country. Your situation may be different from mine. Just wanted to share how it went for us in hopes it gives peace of mind to someone else because this forum helped me a lot in this process.

Initially we applied in October 2022. It was a long time until we heard again in July 2023 asking to resend renewed medical insurance documents (i just called insurance and changed dates on old insurance. Since it was not used yet, you can do that so you don't have to pay again).

Then we had some issues with my father's medical result. He had very very high creatinine (his result was above 200 where the normal is 110) and overall poor kidney function. IRCC requested additional testing that took 4 months. Then after we did that testing, they requested additional doctor's notes. In this report they wanted to see that his condition is stable and that he will not be in need of dialysis or kidney transplant in the next 5 years. So, we visited a doctor to get an assessment done. Since my father's condition is stable and he did his original test during a "flare up", the doctor was able to confirm it and issue us his assessment.

Once we submitted the final result, we got both my parents visas within the next few weeks.

So, if you are worried over a poor medical result - there is hope! Just follow whatever IRCC asks and it may take a long time, but it will be fine in the end.