+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa Application - Timeline and my Experience

Esha012

Aug 6, 2024
Hello All,

Nationality: Indian

Wanted to share my parents super visa application timeline and experience. I got my my PPR on 11th Jan 2023 and i got my eCOPR on 23rd Jan 2023. I started my parents Super Visa application as soon as I got my PPR.

Police Clearance Certificates
I started the process on 12 or 13th Jan. The entire process took about 2-3 weeks. I strongly recommend to provide a Police clearance when you are applying for super visa.

Super Visa Insurance
I searched for multiple site and insurance agencies. The rates are pretty much the same. I took it from Punjab Insurance in Surrey BC.

Support Letter
Take your time on this, Write a detailed letter Below is what i wrote
1. Reason of Visit: Write for how much time you are inviting them and what is the plan during their stay in Canada be honest. I wrote that they will be relaxing at my home.
2. Visitors Background
3. Parents Financial Assets

4. Visitor's Travel History: If your parents have any travel history explain that including overstays and refusals. In my case, my parents were stuck when they visited me in US in 2020 due to COVID restrictions and I did not feel safe to send them via repatriation flights hence i applied for I94 extension so in provided that.
5. Inviter Details: I explained my stay and status in Canada.

Document Gathering
This took me about 2 months from Feb-March. it is very important to provide strong ties to your home country and financial independence. Below is a list of documents
  1. Net worth Certificate: This is a Certificate issue by a CA after verifying all the assets. This should contain the CA's UDIN. I had this done and ensure the valuation is in Rupees and CAD.
  2. Property paper color scans
  3. Rental agreement. My parents are retired and they earn the income via rentals and FD interests.
  4. Bank Statements
  5. FD Statements

Upfront Medicals
I got the upfront medicals done after i applied for the super visa. My dad had a cataract operation hence we could get the medical done before.

Other Important Documents
  1. Employment Letter
  2. Payslips and T4 and NOA to provide LICO
  3. My PR Card Scan
  4. Proof of relationship with parents: For this I created a word document and explained by showing the names in passport.
  5. Marriage Proof for parents: My parents do not have a marriage certificate. I created a word document and highlighted the passport names.
  6. Passport Scans for parents

DateActivity/Application Status
5th April 2023Application Submitted and Paid the visa fees
5th April 2023AOR/BIL received for Mom. Not for Dad
11th April 2023Biometrics for Mom Done and Linked
14th April 2023ADR for Dad, this ADR stated that i did not pay biometric fees for my father. I provided a LOE with the proof of payment screenshot
19th April - 3rd May 2023IRCC Strike. No Action on application
12th May 2023BIL received for Dad.
15th May 2023Medical's passed
16th May 2023BIL Linked for dad and completed.
24th May 2023Dad's Medical passed. PPR received for Mom/Dad
26th May 2023Passport Submission at VFS Mumbai.

IRCC kept the promise as per the timeline page and the application was approved within 52 working days. It would have been soon if the strike was averted.

I hope this help you in your case. Good Luck
Hello,

What if my parents want to stay for the maximum 5 years allowed by the Super Visa? Should I mention this in my invitation letter, or can I state a shorter duration, such as one year, and they can still stay for up to 5 years?

Additionally, do I need to submit a statutory declaration (notarized) along with the invitation letter?