+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa - anyone applied as yet?

Arif2016

Dec 5, 2016
Re: Super Visa

Hi

Hoping to get an opinion from anyone on below questions i have regarding the super visa for my parents

1. Is Marriage Certificate of my parents a mandatory requirement for supervisa
Yes, it's mandatory. However if they don't have it, try to prepare an affidavit of marriage with a lawyer.
Thanks. can i do the affidavit of marriage in Toronto? but what supporting document i will have to provide them. do you know?

1. Is Parents Birth Certificate a required document?
2. My parents have birth certificate but in Bengali. Can it be translated in English and notorized in Toronto? will it be acceptable by VISA office?
You need to submit your birth certificate to prove your relation with your parents. Your parents don't require to submit their own birth cert. unless you're inviting your grad-parents as well. If your birth cert. is in Bangla too; you can translate and notarize it from Canada.
Thanks. My birth certificate is in English. so i think i can check off last two questions.

Arif2016

Dec 5, 2016
One_Topsy said:
Hey guys, a quick question about the insurance requirements for the super visa.

Can the policy be canceled if they leave Canada at any time and open again if they wish to come back? I don't think its prudent to pay for a policy that's not in use.

Thanks
As long as i know, you can cancel the insurance once they have left Canada and then you can get the remaining amount back provided days are left before the expiration and no claim submitted during the time they were in Canada. Hope this help.

badar14

Champion Member
May 5, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-05-2010
LANDED..........
06-Aug-2013
One_Topsy said:
Hey guys, a quick question about the insurance requirements for the super visa.

Can the policy be canceled if they leave Canada at any time and open again if they wish to come back? I don't think its prudent to pay for a policy that's not in use.

Thanks
Hi
Yes, Policy can be cancelled but on return you have to buy new for them before arrival again. There are certain limits in cancellation vary from company to company but most common one that no Claim should not made which basically means that policy is not utilized.

Good Luck
Syed B

mr.gk

Star Member
Dec 6, 2014
Hi folk,

Can I start the application of super visa 5 months in advance to my parents visit?

We are in December but the plan is to arrange the visit in May.

thanks.

One_Topsy

Champion Member
Sep 12, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
Thanks @Arif2016 and @badar14 for the replies!

Arif2016

Dec 5, 2016
mr.gk said:
Hi folk,

Can I start the application of super visa 5 months in advance to my parents visit?

We are in December but the plan is to arrange the visit in May.

thanks.
I am planning the same.. its not an issue as you will have to say when they are planning to arrive and the same should be on the insurance certificate. by the way, do you know if you have to upload of their photographs during application or this is something will be due at the time of passport submission at the local VFS office.

Arif2016

Dec 5, 2016
Super Visa - Parents Marriage Certificate

Hi Guys

My parents marriage certificate has been lost. There was no record available as it was before the liberation war and it had gotten lost somewhere along the long way. They had an affidavit of declaration of marriage couple of years back and somehow i still have the scanned copy. The original copy was submitted to a Govt. office for other purpose.

So my question is, can i use the scanned copy for the supervisa application? Are they going to ask my parents to submit the original affidavit at the local VISA office?

Thanks

badar14

Champion Member
May 5, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-05-2010
LANDED..........
06-Aug-2013
Re: Super Visa - Parents Marriage Certificate

Arif2016 said:
Hi Guys

My parents marriage certificate has been lost. There was no record available as it was before the liberation war and it had gotten lost somewhere along the long way. They had an affidavit of declaration of marriage couple of years back and somehow i still have the scanned copy. The original copy was submitted to a Govt. office for other purpose.

So my question is, can i use the scanned copy for the supervisa application? Are they going to ask my parents to submit the original affidavit at the local VISA office?

Thanks
Scan Copy is enough. As you have to upload it eventually

Thanks

Syed B

Arif2016

Dec 5, 2016
Re: Super Visa - Parents Marriage Certificate

badar14 said:
Scan Copy is enough. As you have to upload it eventually

Thanks

Syed B
Thanks Sayed B.. probably i will end up doing that..

open

Star Member
Jun 10, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-apr-2014
AOR Received.
30-apr-2014
Hello Everyone,

I applied for my parents supervisa ONLINE on 28 Nov and yesterday on 6 Dec we received medical request for my father with IMM 1017E form with his information on it, But for my mother they have not sent any form but in her application it is showing like this (Review of medical results - We need your medical information) that means they need her medicals to be done also, I also made a call for her and the automated response was (we requested to undergo for medical examination), does anybody have any idea what should we do now, will she go for medicals without form...please help

Arif2016

Dec 5, 2016
Super VISA: IMM 5476 and IMM 5475

Hi

I am applying online for my parents. In that case can anyone tell if I need to fill out IMM 5476 and IMM 5475?

Arif

Jaydeepsinh

Star Member
Mar 7, 2014
Hoping some guidance and advise on the situation below:

Background:

Sponsor: I am Permanent Resident as of Oct 2016 and meet the LICO requirement outlined by CIC.
Father: Retired government employee – retired in 2013.
Mother: House wife
Sister: Government School Teacher

I am planning to invite my parents and my elder sister to visit Canada in May 2017. My confusion/questions are as follow:

1. Whether I invite my parents under Super Visa or Standard Visitor visa?
• Intent of Stay
o Parents: 4 month only (maximum)
o Sister: 1 month only – due to government job
2. How much money do my parents needs to show in bank balance?
• Parents:
o Property: Does not have property under their name instead property under grandfather’s name. Question: Can they use the property evaluation which is under my grandfather’s name?
o Bank Balance: Can show up to 8 lacks (INR) in each account so total of 16 lacks (INR). Will this suffice the requirement for strong tie?
• Sister:
o Bank Balance: She will show 6 lacks in her back balance along with her government job paperwork. Will this suffice the requirement for strong tie?

Please advise.

Thanks,

badar14

Champion Member
May 5, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-05-2010
LANDED..........
06-Aug-2013
Re: Super VISA: IMM 5476 and IMM 5475

Arif2016 said:
Hi

I am applying online for my parents. In that case can anyone tell if I need to fill out IMM 5476 and IMM 5475?

Arif
Salam Arif

Yes, you have to fill both.

Thanks
Syed B

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
Jaydeepsinh said:
Hoping some guidance and advise on the situation below:

Background:

Sponsor: I am Permanent Resident as of Oct 2016 and meet the LICO requirement outlined by CIC.
Father: Retired government employee – retired in 2013.
Mother: House wife
Sister: Government School Teacher

I am planning to invite my parents and my elder sister to visit Canada in May 2017. My confusion/questions are as follow:

1. Whether I invite my parents under Super Visa or Standard Visitor visa?
• Intent of Stay
o Parents: 4 month only (maximum)
o Sister: 1 month only – due to government job
2. How much money do my parents needs to show in bank balance?
• Parents:
o Property: Does not have property under their name instead property under grandfather’s name. Question: Can they use the property evaluation which is under my grandfather’s name?
o Bank Balance: Can show up to 8 lacks (INR) in each account so total of 16 lacks (INR). Will this suffice the requirement for strong tie?
• Sister:
o Bank Balance: She will show 6 lacks in her back balance along with her government job paperwork. Will this suffice the requirement for strong tie?

Please advise.

Thanks,
A visit visa (TRV) seems perfect for your case. However, Super Visa is easier to get (not applicable for your sister though).

If you decide to try TRV first, write a good invitation letter explaining that your sister has a govt. job and your parents want to travel together with your sister and they cannot stay here for more than 3 - 4 weeks. Do not mention 'months' when you're applying for TRV. All their financial status seem good enough. I'm not sure though how your grandfather's property can help in this case.