+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Summer Train trips from Toronto with family

Shaikhzees

Star Member
Aug 17, 2012
Hello All,

With summer here now, and schools also about to finish - i was planning to take my family on a "Train trip" to somewhere from Toronto.

Recent search results, came up with viable option of Montreal or Quebec City.

But then realized, that once i'm in that city, i would again need a vehicle to move around.

Thus, pleas do share with me, if you had taken any train trips outside of this city, where-to and any planning advice.

Thanks to all the contributors to this thread in advance !!

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Why take your family on a train trip? A road trip is more fun! You can visit Thousand Islands near Kingston and the canal / parilament hill in Ottawa on the way.

At least, you can use your own car for the trip.

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
Hello All,

With summer here now, and schools also about to finish - i was planning to take my family on a "Train trip" to somewhere from Toronto.

Recent search results, came up with viable option of Montreal or Quebec City.

But then realized, that once i'm in that city, i would again need a vehicle to move around.

Thus, pleas do share with me, if you had taken any train trips outside of this city, where-to and any planning advice.

Thanks to all the contributors to this thread in advance !!
The train station in Montreal (and Toronto, for that matter) is located in the heart of downtown, so if you do go there, you won't need a car. you can walk around or take a taxi/Uber to get pretty much anywhere without paying too much. Montreal is amazing in the summer and I'm sure your family will love it.

Reactions: Shaikhzees

Shaikhzees

Star Member
Aug 17, 2012
Why take your family on a train trip? A road trip is more fun! You can visit Thousand Islands near Kingston and the canal / parilament hill in Ottawa on the way.

At least, you can use your own car for the trip.
i agree with you - but then again, a road trip we all do all the time - a train trip is something different :)

Shaikhzees

Star Member
Aug 17, 2012
The train station in Montreal (and Toronto, for that matter) is located in the heart of downtown, so if you do go there, you won't need a car. you can walk around or take a taxi/Uber to get pretty much anywhere without paying too much. Montreal is amazing in the summer and I'm sure your family will love it.
Hmm . . that makes it more interesting now. Thanks torontosm !!