Med's Request
08-06-2011
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
24-07-2011
LANDED..........
23-08-2011
I just checked my profile, and my score has been increased as well. Below is my employment profile:

Job 1: June 13, 2013 to January 03, 2014 - Part-time - around 15 hours/week
Job 2: January 06, 2014 to present - Full-time - 40 hours/week.

Does this make two years of experience, combined? Please advice.

singh100

Mar 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
2 ways of fixing this.

1. Change your start date to Dec 2013/Jan 2014 instead of Oct 2013. And rectify this in Dec 2015.

2. Keep declining ITAs till you are consciously over the limit and deserve those additional points.
Hi Asivad, I hv two question hope you would like to share your thought on this with us:
1) why cic awarded the point before completion of full year, is it because the doc submission time frame is 60day?
2) Even if the point went up then why any one need to re-correct it by changing the profile data like work experience dates. Why can't just let it be and accept the ITA and proceed further?

thanks in advance for yr time and opinion.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nightrocker said:
I just checked my profile, and my score has been increased as well. Below is my employment profile:

Job 1: June 13, 2013 to January 03, 2014 - Part-time - around 15 hours/week
Job 2: January 06, 2014 to present - Full-time - 40 hours/week.

Does this make two years of experience, combined? Please advice.
Not yet. You have about 1 month left.

manidhatt

Champion Member
May 30, 2013
Ontario
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Feb 03
Doc's Request.
Feb 26 - Submitted March 03
AOR Received.
Feb 03
Med's Done....
Feb 12
Passport Req..
Aug 03
Bhatthal said:
Hello Seniors,

I checked my profile today and my score went up to 459 . I checked everything and found out it is giving me additional points for 2 years work experience. Now the problem is I started my Job on October 1st ,2013 and there is still a month to get 2 year experience.
On the top of that I went to India for 67 days and I guess that will not count in my work experience, so technically I am not allowed to get 2 years experience points until Dec 07,2015.
Now since my score is 459 I can expect ITA in next draw. Can someone please advise me what to do?
I know if I apply for PR in next ITA there is going to be issue. Can someone tell me How to fix it on my EE profile?
Thanks
I'm in the same boat. You are right that you cannot count your time away and you can't hide it because they can see the scans of your passport and will checki the immigration stamps. The best you can do is wait till you earn those points and then accept ITA.

Good luck

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
if u have a certificate saying you worked from this date to this date and last three months pay slips that's enuf.

gavingan

Star Member
Jan 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bestofluck said:
if u have a certificate saying you worked from this date to this date and last three months pay slips that's enuf.
Agree (if no additional stuff for that will be asked for by CIC), even though I also agree that the 67 days shouldn't be counted as work experience.

savioceg

Star Member
Nov 29, 2013
Mississauga
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2015
AOR Received.
21-11-2015
Med's Done....
02-02-2016
Is the update done automatically ?
i started my work on november 8 2013 . i was assuming i have to edit my profile and change the no of year of experience on the profile ?also it does not ask me anywhere on the date i started worl

am i missing something ?

gavingan

Star Member
Jan 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
savioceg said:
Is the update done automatically ?
i started my work on november 8 2013 . i was assuming i have to edit my profile and change the no of year of experience on the profile ?also it does not ask me anywhere on the date i started worl

am i missing something ?
Yes it will be done automatically. You don't need to do anything for that.

savioceg

Star Member
Nov 29, 2013
Mississauga
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2015
AOR Received.
21-11-2015
Med's Done....
02-02-2016
if u have started work in october , y would it update the profile on september 1st ? my wife started working in september and ideally it should have updated the profile on august 1st.

also does this mean i would get my experience updated on october 1st ( i started work on november 8 th 2013)

someone please clarify .

Hansdza

Mar 7, 2013
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Everybody,

I am planning to create my profile and based on CRS calculator my score will be above 460 with 1 yr Canadian exp.

I started working on Sept 8 2014 so the 1 year experience should be September 7 2015. Is that correct?

If I create my profile today, will my score include the point for 1 year exp or not? I am hoping there will a draw this Friday (Sept 4th)

Thanks in advance

savioceg

Star Member
Nov 29, 2013
Mississauga
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2015
AOR Received.
21-11-2015
Med's Done....
02-02-2016
The next draw based on my assumption would be on the 11th of september . and then the next one 25th of september .

anyways . if you create the profile today it would give you 35 points for the one year of experience since they exta date will not be mentioned on the profile. it would just be the month of starting the job in canada and it should be continuous .

eddie_in_NL

Star Member
Jul 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I've noticed that CIC grants work experience points in the beginning of the month prior to the work anniversary.

I've open a thread about that before, and there were no consensus on what should be done. My conclusion was to wait and apply only AFTER my work anniversary, so the points are justified at the time of the application with enough evidence to support. There are other members who support my conclusion, although Asivad (who seems a respected member in this forum) thinks one should decline the invitation in cases like this. You should read and make your own decision though. My line of thought is that you should be responsible for the information that you enter in the system, not for how CIC uses that to calculate points. I also suspect that they give us a grace period by granting points earlier, so we don't miss a draw by a couple of days only (e.g. they draw on the 31st and we get additional points on the 1st), though this is just my thought.

In the case mentioned by Bhatall, he had 67 days of unpaid leave within the period, although still employed by the company. I'm not entirely sure, but my guess would be to enter as two distinct employment periods within the same company. So you would enter it twice, one up to the date your unpaid leave started. The 2nd one, will start on the day you return to work until today. That should account for it properly, and no one could accuse you of misrepresentation. I'd also mention this in the letter of explanation.

savioceg

Star Member
Nov 29, 2013
Mississauga
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2015
AOR Received.
21-11-2015
Med's Done....
02-02-2016
eddie_in_NL said:
Hi,

I've noticed that CIC grants work experience points in the beginning of the month prior to the work anniversary.

I've open a thread about that before, and there were no consensus on what should be done. My conclusion was to wait and apply only AFTER my work anniversary, so the points are justified at the time of the application with enough evidence to support. There are other members who support my conclusion, although Asivad (who seems a respected member in this forum) thinks one should decline the invitation in cases like this. You should read and make your own decision though. My line of thought is that you should be responsible for the information that you enter in the system, not for how CIC uses that to calculate points. I also suspect that they give us a grace period by granting points earlier, so we don't miss a draw by a couple of days only (e.g. they draw on the 31st and we get additional points on the 1st), though this is just my thought.

In the case mentioned by Bhatall, he had 67 days of unpaid leave within the period, although still employed by the company. I'm not entirely sure, but my guess would be to enter as two distinct employment periods within the same company. So you would enter it twice, one up to the date your unpaid leave started. The 2nd one, will start on the day you return to work until today. That should account for it properly, and no one could accuse you of misrepresentation. I'd also mention this in the letter of explanation.

Thanks Eddie.
Would that make me 2 years completed on October 1 2015 ( joined canada on Nov 8 2013) ? Also for my wife she joined work on sept 9 2014 and on the profile there is no option to mention whether she is full time or part time and her score has not been updated yet . Any idea ?

gavingan

Star Member
Jan 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
eddie_in_NL said:
Hi,

Good opinions!!

I_love_van

May 11, 2015
I reached 1 year Canadian Work Experience by Sep.1. But where can I check if my points have added or not? I checked the application/profile details in MYCIC account, no scores was shown there.
I am under PNP category.