+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Suddenly not eligible for EE

gf3266

Apr 1, 2015
Hey guys, just need a little feedback.

So I created an account with CIC and completed an application for EE in January. Everything went smooth, I have 2 years managerial work experience in Canada, scored high on my English test and have a degree however it has not yet been evaluated by a Canadian agency. I scored roughly 400 points and just decided to play the waiting game until I could potentially get the ITA.

About a month ago I got an email to check my account. I went to log-in via my debit card and it could not find my account. I rang the help line and they said they could see my application but were unsure why it was no longer linked to my account. They said this looks like a technical fault and advised me to email the technical support. I did and explained the situation and pretty much got a generic response saying if you have forgot your log in details you have to make a new account and reapply. I sent a number of emails back explaining that I use my bank details to log in so I have not lost them but this is more a technical fault. I didn't really get anywhere and they said it is impossible to add a previous application to a new account so I have to start again.

I decided to bite the bullet and reapply, put all the same info in but now I get told I am not eligible. I did the pre screen test and it says I am, i'm just not sure if something has changed.

The only thing I can think of is that even though I have a degree, it was taken in the UK and I have yet to send it off over here so they can evaluate it. When I made my first application this was not compulsory but I am not sure if they have changed this?

I'm just curious as to what might make me not eligible when not that long ago I was fine.

I applied for the experience class, 2 years managerial work experience in Canada, a valid job offer but with no LMIA approved, around $4000 is savings and the English test was taken 4 months ago.

Thanks for any help.

ksiusha

Jul 2, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
and if you get your diploma evaluated you will get more points :)

gf3266

Apr 1, 2015
I think the amount of funds is based on applying for the FSW, i'm looking at the CEC category. That was my understanding anyway.

iceberge

Jan 19, 2015
Toronto Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
INLAND OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
April 7, 2015
Nomination.....
ITA April 10
AOR Received.
AOR April 10
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
November 2, 2015
LANDED..........
November 11, 2015
gf3266 said:
I think the amount of funds is based on applying for the FSW, i'm looking at the CEC category. That was my understanding anyway.
You still need fund even though applying under CEC Unless you are currently authorized to work in Canada and have a valid job offer from an employer in Canada which means LMO/LMIA, you must show that you have enough money to support yourself and your family after you get to Canada.

You cannot borrow this money from another person. You must be able to use this money to pay the costs of living for your family (even if they are not coming with you).
See the link below
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

jemdill

Oct 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gf3266 said:
Hey guys, just need a little feedback.

So I created an account with CIC and completed an application for EE in January. Everything went smooth, I have 2 years managerial work experience in Canada, scored high on my English test and have a degree however it has not yet been evaluated by a Canadian agency. I scored roughly 400 points and just decided to play the waiting game until I could potentially get the ITA.

About a month ago I got an email to check my account. I went to log-in via my debit card and it could not find my account. I rang the help line and they said they could see my application but were unsure why it was no longer linked to my account. They said this looks like a technical fault and advised me to email the technical support. I did and explained the situation and pretty much got a generic response saying if you have forgot your log in details you have to make a new account and reapply. I sent a number of emails back explaining that I use my bank details to log in so I have not lost them but this is more a technical fault. I didn't really get anywhere and they said it is impossible to add a previous application to a new account so I have to start again.

I decided to bite the bullet and reapply, put all the same info in but now I get told I am not eligible. I did the pre screen test and it says I am, i'm just not sure if something has changed.

The only thing I can think of is that even though I have a degree, it was taken in the UK and I have yet to send it off over here so they can evaluate it. When I made my first application this was not compulsory but I am not sure if they have changed this?

I'm just curious as to what might make me not eligible when not that long ago I was fine.

I applied for the experience class, 2 years managerial work experience in Canada, a valid job offer but with no LMIA approved, around $4000 is savings and the English test was taken 4 months ago.

Thanks for any help.
You dont need to give any pof for CEC. I am still eligible and I just gave 2k
Check few things:
you have a Manager post. thats NOC A ; Do you have CLB 7 in each ? If not get it.
Do u have a Certificate or diploma from Canada? If not you have to have ECA.