+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SUDAN-H&C PR pathway for individuals affected by the conflict in Sudan

abutiman97

Sep 17, 2024
Application #2:
Relationship to anchor: sibling
Principal applicant 1. (Abu Dhabi) 4 dependants (Egypt)
Application submitted: 28Feb2024
AOR received: 10March2024
Biometrics instruction letter (BIL) received: 22May2024
Pre-arrival letter received: 30JUL2024
Medical: Not received

Noon353

Sep 18, 2024
Im the anchor, applying for my dad & sister.
2 applications submitted on Feb 27
Received AOR in the first week of March
They gave their biometrics in the 1st week of April & we received the prearrival letter in June. No additional documents requested. I was confused about the prearrival services letter being sent before the medical exam letter so I sent an inquiry asking when the medical exam letters will be sent, and the response was very generic, stating that the applications are in process and there's no specific timeline at this time. The response also advised that I should take any lawful steps that i deem necessary to ensure the safety of my family. And that was it.

My question is, has anyone received a medical exam letter through this pathway? Please don't respond if your application is made through other pathways, thanks!

Noon353

Sep 18, 2024
Another question im hoping someone could help answer is if this policy is revoked what would happen to all these applications submitted? Would revoking the policy mean that the expenses paid to move families from Sudan to a country where they could do their biometrics and complete the rest of this pathways requirements, and all the risks and dire situations endured were for nothing?? Anchors lost family members who were trying to leave to another country to do their biometrics and other requirements to come to safety. I'm hoping an immigration lawyer or consultant could shed some light into the legality apsects of this policy. What can we, as anchors, do to make the government understand how this pathway is affecting our families' life and livelihood in a very negative way at this point in time.

This pathway feels like a false hope to safety, all it did, so far, was causing some canadian anchors to lose family members, destabilizing majority of the applicants who managed to leave for Uganda, Egypt and elsewhere even further by continuing to push the arrival dates to 2027, 2028 and beyond! Their visas to these countries cannot be extended beyond a certain period of time, and it certainly won't be 2027. Tragic situation, really, not to mention the anchors who chose option B, and now their money is locked in banks and can't be accessed until the applicants arrive in 3-4 years, all while they continue to support the same family members theyre sponsoring financially overseas because the jobs are nonexistent in the aforementioned countries they managed to flee to.

• Sad
Reactions: Samah_sudani

Samah_sudani

Sep 18, 2024
Im the anchor, applying for my dad & sister.
2 applications submitted on Feb 27
Received AOR in the first week of March
They gave their biometrics in the 1st week of April & we received the prearrival letter in June. No additional documents requested. I was confused about the prearrival services letter being sent before the medical exam letter so I sent an inquiry asking when the medical exam letters will be sent, and the response was very generic, stating that the applications are in process and there's no specific timeline at this time. The response also advised that I should take any lawful steps that i deem necessary to ensure the safety of my family. And that was it.

My question is, has anyone received a medical exam letter through this pathway? Please don't respond if your application is made through other pathways, thanks!
Today someone received medical request for his parent they applied inside Canada

Samah_sudani

Sep 18, 2024
Another question im hoping someone could help answer is if this policy is revoked what would happen to all these applications submitted? Would revoking the policy mean that the expenses paid to move families from Sudan to a country where they could do their biometrics and complete the rest of this pathways requirements, and all the risks and dire situations endured were for nothing?? Anchors lost family members who were trying to leave to another country to do their biometrics and other requirements to come to safety. I'm hoping an immigration lawyer or consultant could shed some light into the legality apsects of this policy. What can we, as anchors, do to make the government understand how this pathway is affecting our families' life and livelihood in a very negative way at this point in time.

This pathway feels like a false hope to safety, all it did, so far, was causing some canadian anchors to lose family members, destabilizing majority of the applicants who managed to leave for Uganda, Egypt and elsewhere even further by continuing to push the arrival dates to 2027, 2028 and beyond! Their visas to these countries cannot be extended beyond a certain period of time, and it certainly won't be 2027. Tragic situation, really, not to mention the anchors who chose option B, and now their money is locked in banks and can't be accessed until the applicants arrive in 3-4 years, all while they continue to support the same family members theyre sponsoring financially overseas because the jobs are nonexistent in the aforementioned countries they managed to flee to.
This is very heartbreaking, stressful and frustrating and your feelings are completely understandable and valid!
as an immigration consultant I would like to clarify that the statement could be revoked is a statement that is mandatory in all public polices , but if you went back to H&C public polices record specially for programs such as ours in Sudan pathway you would not find any precedent which gives you an indicator that such polices would very unlikely be revoked , specially that the situation in Sudan is still escalating and there isn’t any signs of peace making or cease fire in the near future , this is why we need to pressure the Canadian government to process the application as soon as possible to get our families to safety .