+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

(Success) Flagpole Experience PGWP: Peace Bridge (Fort Erie), Rainbow Bridge

Samalm

Jan 30, 2022
I went to the border here in BC this morning and got my PGWP in less than 30 mins! Very similar experience with the this post, except that I didn't go to another border crossing since I was lucky enough to be successful with my first try :)

Also got my wife's OWP extended already and my son's visitor record as well.
Hi Noel, did you extend your wife's SOWP along-with your PGWP application during flgpoloing or you applied for SOWP extension separately online?

hoxhaj

Star Member
Jan 9, 2022
Hello,I need your opinion please.
I am on study permit in Toronto.
I already finished all my modules but I will get officialy graduated (my finish date on LoA) on 12th December. I got an job offer supported with LMIA and am planning to go to do flagpoling. Do you think will be any problem that I am not graduated yet (I got a transcript witj all grades but status it say still in progress) ?

JohnSmith123

Star Member
Jun 15, 2022
I already finished all my modules but I will get officialy graduated (my finish date on LoA) on 12th December. I got an job offer supported with LMIA and am planning to go to do flagpoling. Do you think will be any problem that I am not graduated yet (I got a transcript witj all grades but status it say still in progress) ?
sorry I can only comment on PGWP flagpole, but base on my very personal understanding, I think you are eligible for PGWP, why LMIA closed work permit?
also in order to get PGWP you HAVE to wait until school is finished...
hope it will help?

Reactions: hoxhaj

hoxhaj

Star Member
Jan 9, 2022
sorry I can only comment on PGWP flagpole, but base on my very personal understanding, I think you are eligible for PGWP, why LMIA closed work permit?
also in order to get PGWP you HAVE to wait until school is finished...
hope it will help?
Because if private college which doesn't offer PGWP

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You will need proof of graduation not just a transcript. The fact that it is still November will also raise alarm bells. Most graduation will only be confirmed from mid December on if you were studying in Fall 2023.

tangent

Nov 21, 2023
Because if private college which doesn't offer PGWP
Okay well in that case, you can't get a PGWP, therefore your studies have no bearing on your eligibility for a work permit. If you've got a job offer with LMIA, I expect you're applying for a different work permit. What you can do, if you're still worried about not having proof of finishing your studies (and if you get a work permit, you will be relinquishing your study permit as you can't have both at once), you can ask your school to give you a letter of completion to indicate you have completed the requirements for graduation. Hope that helps. Good luck!