+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Submitting PR EE Application while Tourism Visa is still under review

MightyOwl326

Dec 6, 2023
Hi All,

Got myself in a slightly complex situation here, I have an EE profile with OINP nomination in the system, with nothing happening in the past month I was not expecting to be drawn for the ITA of my EE profile, so I submitted an application for a Tourism Visa last Friday - yep, last Friday.

Fast forward to today, December 6th, I got an ITA for my PR application and only have 60 days to submit the full application. So here comes the million dollar question:
  • I now have 2 different UCIs in the system, one comes from the Visitor Visa application which is a 10-digit code; but I also have another UCI starting with "CAN" for my EE profile. When I submit my application for PR, shall I put in the 10-digit I got from the Visitor Visa or the one starting with CAN? My understanding is the CAN one is a temporary code, so maybe I should put in the 10-digit code so they don't confuse me as a different person.
I fear not many people have been in the same boat as me, but if you have any insights, I really appreciate it!

Thank you

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Hi All,

Got myself in a slightly complex situation here, I have an EE profile with OINP nomination in the system, with nothing happening in the past month I was not expecting to be drawn for the ITA of my EE profile, so I submitted an application for a Tourism Visa last Friday - yep, last Friday.

Fast forward to today, December 6th, I got an ITA for my PR application and only have 60 days to submit the full application. So here comes the million dollar question:
  • I now have 2 different UCIs in the system, one comes from the Visitor Visa application which is a 10-digit code; but I also have another UCI starting with "CAN" for my EE profile. When I submit my application for PR, shall I put in the 10-digit I got from the Visitor Visa or the one starting with CAN? My understanding is the CAN one is a temporary code, so maybe I should put in the 10-digit code so they don't confuse me as a different person.
I fear not many people have been in the same boat as me, but if you have any insights, I really appreciate it!

Thank you
I dont recall entering UCI while submitting PR application. Do you need to ?