+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Submitted wrong information on Spouse PR Checklist

sapkos

Jan 3, 2019
Hi All, i have already submitted my wife's PR application on April outland. On Question for have you been previously sponsored yourself for pr? I said no. I got confused during application and now I realized that I came to Canada after my dad go his PR. Can I send webform about it? Will they reject my application because of this? It's been almost 2 months and I'm worried about it.
Thanks.

DimT44

Apr 5, 2021
Hi All, i have already submitted my wife's PR application on April outland. On Question for have you been previously sponsored yourself for pr? I said no. I got confused during application and now I realized that I came to Canada after my dad go his PR. Can I send webform about it? Will they reject my application because of this? It's been almost 2 months and I'm worried about it.
Thanks.
Do you mean your dad sponsored you? Or were you coming as a dependant with you dad?

Aneep Kumar

Mar 14, 2018
Ottawa
My dad sponsored me and my mom for PR (Family Class) after he got his PR. i was 17 when i came to Canada, would i consider as dependent?
I don’t think you have done wrong. You came as a dependent. Moreover the column in the imm form is for the person who became PR after they were sponsored by their spouse. In this case the sponsored spouse cannot sponsor their better-half till they complete 5 years after their divorce.
Rest seniors can guide you better.

Reactions: sapkos

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
My dad sponsored me and my mom for PR (Family Class) after he got his PR. i was 17 when i came to Canada, would i consider as dependent?
Yes, you were sponsored, but as a dependent of your mother.

As I wrote in a different thread: this has no bearing on your ability to sponsor a spouse, so it's not 'material' in most cases to your application. (The most obvious case is if you were sponsored by an ex-spouse, you both might be ineligible to sponsor for some years and there may be more examination of genuineness of both your relationships).

So: just in case, update IRCC via webform that you were sponsored, explain the circumstances, and that you did not realise this meant you'd been sponsored as it was through your mother.

Reactions: sapkos