+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

submited procedural fairness documents, no answer yet

sajani

Dec 24, 2017
Hi, I am the sponsor of my Husband, applied for spousal sponsorship family class in February 2018. All the steps of the procedure went well and he even went to medical Exam and pass the exam. We thought everything is fine until October 12, 2018. My husband received an email letter from the Visa officer; a procedural fairness letter which was asking to provide more details on how my husband and I will be able to financially support our selves once he lands in Canada.

When I was applying on February, I had a job with minimum wage and I know it did not satisfy the visa officer. Now I have a job with a good salary and we submitted all the documents on October 25th, 2018 according to the procedural fairness request. The due date for submission was November 12th and we even submitted very early. My husband and I are counting each day and hoping we will get visa soon before Christmas. My two questions here are,
1) Is there any possibility that the officer will stamp before the Christmas Holidays? Do they still work on Christmas season? Any Hope?:(
2) Usually how long it takes after procedural fairness letter to receive Visa?

Thank you for your answers in advance :)

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi, I am the sponsor of my Husband, applied for spousal sponsorship family class in February 2018. All the steps of the procedure went well and he even went to medical Exam and pass the exam. We thought everything is fine until October 12, 2018. My husband received an email letter from the Visa officer; a procedural fairness letter which was asking to provide more details on how my husband and I will be able to financially support our selves once he lands in Canada.

When I was applying on February, I had a job with minimum wage and I know it did not satisfy the visa officer. Now I have a job with a good salary and we submitted all the documents on October 25th, 2018 according to the procedural fairness request. The due date for submission was November 12th and we even submitted very early. My husband and I are counting each day and hoping we will get visa soon before Christmas. My two questions here are,
1) Is there any possibility that the officer will stamp before the Christmas Holidays? Do they still work on Christmas season? Any Hope?:(
2) Usually how long it takes after procedural fairness letter to receive Visa?

Thank you for your answers in advance :)
Hi

A procedural fairness letter means that your app is no longer subject to normal processing times. It can extend the process by several months.

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London
Are you sure 100%?
Canuck is a vip member he's very well informed about these things. If you look online, did it say anything about your background being completed? Because if not, that will take some time as well.. I'm definitely not an expert but i can be pretty confident in saying you will not have it in 3 weeks. But hey, you never know‍♀

sajani

Dec 24, 2017
Canuck is a vip member he's very well informed about these things. If you look online, did it say anything about your background being completed? Because if not, that will take some time as well.. I'm definitely not an expert but i can be pretty confident in saying you will not have it in 3 weeks. But hey, you never know‍♀
Thank you for your answer. I have submitted some of my procedural fairness documents to visa office through an MP Canada. This was an idea of a friend of mine. Will it affect me in a positive or negative way or no effect at all? I did not want to get help from an MP and even after submitting the documents the MP secretary told me to follow up with them. I did not contact them anyways. Any thoughts?

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London
Thank you, Canuck. But if they want to take several months, why did they ask to submit all within a month?
whenever they request documents they always ask to have them submitted within 30 days., all mine were anyways.

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London
Thank you for your answer. I have submitted some of my procedural fairness documents to visa office through an MP Canada. This was an idea of a friend of mine. Will it affect me in a positive or negative way or no effect at all? I did not want to get help from an MP and even after submitting the documents the MP secretary told me to follow up with them. I did not contact them anyways. Any thoughts?
My mp has contacted ircc on my behalf to get updates, but I THINK that's all they can do . they have no Influence on your application

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
No impact - could even be negative if your MP's office messes up. MPs cannot influence IRCC decisions. I would submit the documents to IRCC directly rather than through an MP to make sure they are properly delivered and the deadline isn't missed. I would personally be concerned that the MP's office could make a mistake in properly delivering the documents (they aren't immigration experts by a long shot). I would send another package yourself directly to IRCC. Responding to a fairness letter is extremely important. This isn't something you delegate to someone else unless it's a very good immigration lawyer.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you, Canuck. But if they want to take several months, why did they ask to submit all within a month?
This is the normal procedure. There is always a limited time to respond. IRCC then reviews the documents submitted. This can take anywhere from a few weeks to many months.

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London
This is the normal procedure. There is always a limited time to respond. IRCC then reviews the documents submitted. This can take anywhere from a few weeks to many months.
Can schedule A forms be submitted viz webform or do they need to sent by courier?

Snoopy75

May 3, 2018
Is it common to get a PFL for low income? I had read that there was no minimum income required, and reading your thread is making me a tad worried because we don't have a ton of savings and my Canadian partner also doesn't have a high salary job. Do you and your husband have kids at all Sajani? We're trying to put aside a little each month to bump up our savings but this has gotten me a bit worried...

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Is it common to get a PFL for low income? I had read that there was no minimum income required, and reading your thread is making me a tad worried because we don't have a ton of savings and my Canadian partner also doesn't have a high salary job. Do you and your husband have kids at all Sajani? We're trying to put aside a little each month to bump up our savings but this has gotten me a bit worried...
It is not common but it does happen. The concern from IRCC is that the couple will end up on welfare and this is not acceptable...
So, while there is no formal minimum requirement, there must be a degree of credibility of the future financial stability. This is why the financial assessment is done.

Snoopy75

May 3, 2018
It is not common but it does happen. The concern from IRCC is that the couple will end up on welfare and this is not acceptable...
So, while there is no formal minimum requirement, there must be a degree of credibility of the future financial stability. This is why the financial assessment is done.
Thanks for the reply. We live abroad so we have to give the detailed outline of financial assets and support rather than CRA information. We're trying to save as much as possible. She has some savings left over in Canada, not a ton, but a couple thousand, and we're hoping with the exchange rate, our Euro savings will help pad that out a bit. She had to cut down on her hours at work a few months due to personal reasons, and is now getting back into more fulltime hours. Perhaps we'll delay the application until our savings are better and her hours are back to normal. I want to avoid a PFL at all costs!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thanks for the reply. We live abroad so we have to give the detailed outline of financial assets and support rather than CRA information. We're trying to save as much as possible. She has some savings left over in Canada, not a ton, but a couple thousand, and we're hoping with the exchange rate, our Euro savings will help pad that out a bit. She had to cut down on her hours at work a few months due to personal reasons, and is now getting back into more fulltime hours. Perhaps we'll delay the application until our savings are better and her hours are back to normal. I want to avoid a PFL at all costs!
Don't delay. Provided you can show a solid plan on how you will support yourselves in Canada, you should be fine. You can show your savings, incomes, future income potential, family assistance etc.