+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Submit medical exam and clearance a month after I mail my application?

Aug 19, 2012
I am sending in an inland spouse residency application but don't have a police certificate and medical exam yet. Since the wait for is 11 months for the application to even be opened, can I send them in a bit later (after I receive a case number but before the case is processed)? Has anyone done this in the past 12 months? I am sending my clearance application forms back to my former country of residence, but I'm not sure how long it would take and I would really like to get my application in the queue since the wait time is so long. I am told that in the past the clearance and medical exam were required after they receive the other application documents. Any advice from recent applicants would be much appreciated.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Spouseapplicant said:
I am sending in an inland spouse residency application but don't have a police certificate and medical exam yet. Since the wait for is 11 months for the application to even be opened, can I send them in a bit later (after I receive a case number but before the case is processed)? Has anyone done this in the past 12 months? I am sending my clearance application forms back to my former country of residence, but I'm not sure how long it would take and I would really like to get my application in the queue since the wait time is so long. I am told that in the past the clearance and medical exam were required after they receive the other application documents. Any advice from recent applicants would be much appreciated.
No, send everything together. If you send stuff separately they will never marry up the 2 packages.

Aug 19, 2012
Thanks - what will happen if the certificated are expired by the time officer gets around to processing it? The current wait is 11 months and the medical exam and clearance expires in 12 months. If I wait for my medical exam and police clearance to come in, the wait might have changed to 12 months then I would have done all of this for nothing..

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Spouseapplicant said:
Thanks - what will happen if the certificated are expired by the time officer gets around to processing it? The current wait is 11 months and the medical exam and clearance expires in 12 months. If I wait for my medical exam and police clearance to come in, the wait might have changed to 12 months then I would have done all of this for nothing..

Look at this way. If you don't send a complete package there is a good chance that the Visa Office will return your application as incomplete. Then you have to have the PCCs and the medical and return the application. If your medical expires, you get a new medical, in some instances it can be extended. You usually won't have to get a new PCC.

markbram

Aug 9, 2012
they will notify you after the initial stage is passed and request a medical from you then.
I sent my application yesterday without my medical, but I'm just going to send it after I get my case number, as the doctor sends it straight to vegreville.
Mark

Creampop

Jun 15, 2012
Waterloo ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo closed > Ottawa > Finalized in LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 23rd, 2012
Doc's Request.
RPRF-September 14th, 2012
File Transfer...
7/23/12 > Ottawa 10/9/12 > LA
Med's Done....
April 10th, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
October 9th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
CoPR issued Oct. 29, 2012 DM November 6th, 2012
LANDED..........
November 23rd, 2012
markbram said:
they will notify you after the initial stage is passed and request a medical from you then.
I sent my application yesterday without my medical, but I'm just going to send it after I get my case number, as the doctor sends it straight to vegreville.
Mark
There is a form from the doctor that should have been included with your application, yes the doctor does send it to vegreville but you won't have the required medical form and they very well could send it back to you as incomplete... and after 11 months for the first stage approval that would suck that means your waiting 11 months for it to come back to you untouched cus it isn't "all" there. GL!

markbram

Aug 9, 2012
well on my checklist it said if you didnt have the medical form, they will just request it when they need it.
Just have to see what happens...cant do anything now!!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

markbram said:
Mark
No, the Dr doesn't send it to Vegreville. S/he sends it to the Immigration Regional Medical Centre in Ottawa. Vegreville uses the copy that you are supposed to enclose with the application to retrieve it electronically from IRMC in Ottawa.

markbram

Aug 9, 2012
well, might be in trouble there then!!
I'll let everyone know when they send me forms back then!! arrgghhh

markbram

Aug 9, 2012
it says this on my checklist and it read it would be okay to the medical at a later date, but with this whole application process....who knows!!!

proof of medical examination (if you do not hold a valid medical report, instructions will be given to you when you receive your notice of eligibility)

I reckon everything will be fine!!! hopefully....maybe....

Aug 19, 2012
Just an update -

I did the medical exam before submitting my application, the doctor gave me instructions on what to do and assured me that the results were good, and the validity would be no problem - I just needed to put in the receipt into my application - that's all!

I did the Canada police clearance before submission and included that in the package that I mailed.

After I mailed my application, I travelled to Hong Kong to apply for police clearance - the police authorities in Hong Kong submit it directly to CIC.

It has been 6 months since I submitted my application. I just received a letter from CIC requesting me and my husband to "appear for interview and to receive Confirmation of Permanent Resident Document". I assume this is the good news I think it is and hope things continue to go smoothly. I have been very anxious about this after reading all the negative stories, but it has turned out better than I expected, and so far all the people I have dealt with in this process have been professional and helpful.