+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Submit Citizenship Application without Police Certificate

immi2grate

Aug 2, 2013
I have inquired for my police certificate from Pakistan, but it will take a month or two for me to receive it. I would like to submit my application for Citizenship online in the meantime and will be traveling to Pakistan and will get the police certificate.

Is it fine to submit the application stating that I will be getting the police certificate in the text box. And then once I have it in a month or two, I will login to the Citizenship application and add the police certificate?

Has anyone done this before with success?

Star Member
Aug 6, 2021
I have inquired for my police certificate from Pakistan, but it will take a month or two for me to receive it. I would like to submit my application for Citizenship online in the meantime and will be traveling to Pakistan and will get the police certificate.

Is it fine to submit the application stating that I will be getting the police certificate in the text box. And then once I have it in a month or two, I will login to the Citizenship application and add the police certificate?

There's no requirements to send police certificate unless you lived out of Canada for more than 6 month.

phoenix232

Apr 3, 2015

Since you became PR, did you leave Canada and went to Pakistan for more than 183 days. That is when you need PCC

refer this as well --> link

Police certificate(s)

You need to provide a police certificate from each country, other than Canada, if you were there

• in the past 4 years
  • for 183 days or more in a row
  • since the age of 18
Indicate in the chart the name of each country and provide a police certificate.

You don’t need to provide a police certificate if

• you were in your country of origin immediately prior to becoming a permanent resident and landing in Canada, and
  • this time falls within the past 4 years
If you can’t get a police certificate, tell us why in the explanation box.

To be valid, the police certificate must be either issued

• after the last time you were in that country, or
  • no more than 6 months before the date you sign your citizenship application

immi2grate

Aug 2, 2013
Yes, I will be providing the police certificate. I just wanted to know that should I wait for the police certificate before applying since that will waste 1-2 months?

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Yes, I will be providing the police certificate. I just wanted to know that should I wait for the police certificate before applying since that will waste 1-2 months?
Yes, if you have to submit the police certificate then you might as well wait 1-2 months, since your application would be incomplete without it.