+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Submission Confirmation Letter - Does it mean anything?

jaydevadhikari

Star Member
Mar 24, 2015
My mother and mother in laws visas were applied in late December and I sent an email to ircc.covid-travelexemptions-exemptionsdevoyage-covid.ircc@cic.gc.ca asking for biometric exemption just couple of days ago.
Just now for my mother in law's visitor visa application, I got a new message on my CIC account and it is a "Submission Confirmation message" and it says something like "This confirms that your application has been received by IRCC..."

Does anyone know if this means anything or just an automatic reply after so many days and mere coincidence that it happened 2 days after I sent the email to IRCC

Minid

May 28, 2017
Category........
I have applied for my parents and today got this same letter. It is saying you are expected to provide copy of passport with your application but it has already been submitted. Is it just a late rest or I should email them copies of passport?

jaydevadhikari

Star Member
Mar 24, 2015
From what I have gathered searching in this site, it seems like earlier this used to be sent 1-2 days after submitting the application, but lately a lot of people have not been getting it (approx from Dec applications). In the last 2-3 days however many of those applications have been getting this letter. So to sum it up, I think it was just a glitch that led to this letter not being sent out for many applications in between but now everyone seems to be getting it.

When did you submit your application and when did you get this letter. Did you also send an email to IRCC or did you just add Other-Covid-19 as a reason for travel while submitting the application?

And to answer your question, no, the letter does not require you to upload a copy of their passport, it is just an automated response that's saying that while submitting application only a copy is required and if it is approved they will ask for original. I guess it was a boiler plate verbiage for paper based applications.

Minid

May 28, 2017
Category........
From what I have gathered searching in this site, it seems like earlier this used to be sent 1-2 days after submitting the application, but lately a lot of people have not been getting it (approx from Dec applications). In the last 2-3 days however many of those applications have been getting this letter. So to sum it up, I think it was just a glitch that led to this letter not being sent out for many applications in between but now everyone seems to be getting it.

When did you submit your application and when did you get this letter. Did you also send an email to IRCC or did you just add Other-Covid-19 as a reason for travel while submitting the application?

And to answer your question, no, the letter does not require you to upload a copy of their passport, it is just an automated response that's saying that while submitting application only a copy is required and if it is approved they will ask for original. I guess it was a boiler plate verbiage for paper based applications.
So I applied on Dec 30 th. And received that submission letter today. Reason I gave was to family visit or something I don't remember exactly.i have not send any email to ircc was thinking to send one for biometric exemption but I do have some doubts.

Even if they provide exemption to biometric, the authorization letter they provide would be valid for how long? Would it need my parents to travel immediately?
Because now all travelers need to stay in a hotel after landing so I am not sure if I should get the authorization letter.
Do you know if the deadline for biometric would be extended automatically or I need to submit a webform for it?

jaydevadhikari

Star Member
Mar 24, 2015
I am not sure what would happen if they provide an exemption to the biometric, if at all they do. As a backup, I booked an appointment for them at Nepal VFS.

The biometric deadline is moot right now as they knows VFS centres are currently closed. It is indefinitely extended in a way for all visitor visas and other categories that currently are not being accepted for biometric in India.

Also, just so you know, the whole "pay for hotel to quarantine after you land" has not really been implemented. In fact, I just read an article today that it has been delayed due to thread of litigation:

https://www.jccf.ca/federal-government-delays-plan-to-forcibly-confine-travellers-after-public-backlash-and-threat-of-litigation/

Minid

May 28, 2017
Category........
I am not sure what would happen if they provide an exemption to the biometric, if at all they do. As a backup, I booked an appointment for them at Nepal VFS.

The biometric deadline is moot right now as they knows VFS centres are currently closed. It is indefinitely extended in a way for all visitor visas and other categories that currently are not being accepted for biometric in India.

Also, just so you know, the whole "pay for hotel to quarantine after you land" has not really been implemented. In fact, I just read an article today that it has been delayed due to thread of litigation:

https://www.jccf.ca/federal-government-delays-plan-to-forcibly-confine-travellers-after-public-backlash-and-threat-of-litigation/
Oh okay, thanks for sharing. Looks like to me it's better to wait right now rather than travel unless it's emergency. However if they respond to you and give authorization letter please do let me know.

jaydevadhikari

Star Member
Mar 24, 2015
Oh okay, thanks for sharing. Looks like to me it's better to wait right now rather than travel unless it's emergency. However if they respond to you and give authorization letter please do let me know.
I don't require an authorization letter, I need an exemption for the biometric. And honestly, I am in no immediate need to have my parents here, but they plan to be here in Summer and with the current processing times, I don't think waiting for biometrics to open in India is a feasible option as they do not start processing your application toll biometrics are done. I know of cases where after biometrics, it's been months and there has been no update to the application.

Minid

May 28, 2017
Category........
Oh okay then can you tell me what did you ask them in the email? I was also planning to have them by summer

sarvesh90

Jun 18, 2018
So I applied on Dec 30 th. And received that submission letter today. Reason I gave was to family visit or something I don't remember exactly.i have not send any email to ircc was thinking to send one for biometric exemption but I do have some doubts.

Even if they provide exemption to biometric, the authorization letter they provide would be valid for how long? Would it need my parents to travel immediately?
Because now all travelers need to stay in a hotel after landing so I am not sure if I should get the authorization letter.
Do you know if the deadline for biometric would be extended automatically or I need to submit a webform for it?
I applied for my wife's TRV on Dec 29 and we only have "Confirmation of Online Application Transmission" - nothing about Submission confirmation. You think we should expect it in the next few days?

I raised a webform with Delhi Visa office 10 days ago but no response to that either.

Minid

May 28, 2017
Category........
I applied for my wife's TRV on Dec 29 and we only have "Confirmation of Online Application Transmission" - nothing about Submission confirmation. You think we should expect it in the next few days?

I raised a webform with Delhi Visa office 10 days ago but no response to that either.
Webform for what? Did you get biometric letter?

sarvesh90

Jun 18, 2018
Webform for what? Did you get biometric letter?
Webform to ask why I had not received Submission Confirmation yet.

But I just received Submission Confirmation an hour ago in GCKey portal. My wife does not need biometrics since they already have them from a previous application.

jaydevadhikari

Star Member
Mar 24, 2015
Oh okay then can you tell me what did you ask them in the email? I was also planning to have them by summer
On the CIC site, they just said that for immediate family of PRs, we need to let them know about the application so they can put it on priority (if someone has not already submitted the application, they ask for it to be indicated in the application by selecting travel reason as "Other" and mention "Covid-19" in the comments). So, I just sent them an email letting them know about the application and asked if it is possible to also get a biometric exemption. I haven't heard back yet.

jaydevadhikari

Star Member
Mar 24, 2015

The Delhi visa office cannot do much. Their replies are usually just a copy-paste of what is already mentioned on the CIC website.

sarvesh90

Jun 18, 2018
The Delhi visa office cannot do much. Their replies are usually just a copy-paste of what is already mentioned on the CIC website.
I have gotten responses for webforms from NDVO before.

The automated (copy-paste) messages are usually sent after you raise the webform. They take 15-20 days to reply.

jaydevadhikari

Star Member
Mar 24, 2015
I have gotten responses for webforms from NDVO before.

The automated (copy-paste) messages are usually sent after you raise the webform. They take 15-20 days to reply.
I wasn't talking about the automated message. I was talking about requests for biometric exemptions or workarounds; they refer you to IRCC or they just send the same info that is available on the CIC website. But I just saw that you don't need a biometric exemption and are looking for just an update, so my bad!