+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Stupid questions about agriculture

Gewndolyne83

Jun 7, 2023
I just got this in a newsletter: https://www.cicnews.com/2023/05/ircc-extends-the-agri-food-immigration-pilot-and-lifts-occupational-cap-0534831.html

What qualifies as 'general farm laborer' and what qualifies as a business for start up? I have been trying to get a small non-factory farm off the ground in my own home country of the US, but that has been less and less viable with each passing year.

Is it possibly to apply to start such a business in Canada from the US?
If I need classes, does anyone have any resources so I can take them next year?
Is there a way I can apply directly as a farm laborer? How?
Do I need a business plan? (I have one mostly made already. The difficulty is finding someone who doesn't believe non-factory farming is a myth in the US)
What permits will I need (including growing, but not selling of marijuana) and where can I fill out the forms?

I sincerely apologize for the stupidity. The only resources I google will give me are 'random lawyers charge money to speak to them', 'general, yet vague information about immigration' and very xenophobic reddit posts.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I just got this in a newsletter: https://www.cicnews.com/2023/05/ircc-extends-the-agri-food-immigration-pilot-and-lifts-occupational-cap-0534831.html

What qualifies as 'general farm laborer' and what qualifies as a business for start up? I have been trying to get a small non-factory farm off the ground in my own home country of the US, but that has been less and less viable with each passing year.

Is it possibly to apply to start such a business in Canada from the US?
If I need classes, does anyone have any resources so I can take them next year?
Is there a way I can apply directly as a farm laborer? How?
Do I need a business plan? (I have one mostly made already. The difficulty is finding someone who doesn't believe non-factory farming is a myth in the US)
What permits will I need (including growing, but not selling of marijuana) and where can I fill out the forms?

I sincerely apologize for the stupidity. The only resources I google will give me are 'random lawyers charge money to speak to them', 'general, yet vague information about immigration' and very xenophobic reddit posts.
I would recommend that you read through the link below in detail. This is a link to the official IRCC government page and it should answer several of your questions: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/agri-food-pilot/about.html

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
unfortunately, I am neither a refugee, nor do I have a job offer
Right. So if you want to come to Canada as a general farm labourer through the program you mentioned in your first post, you need to secure a job offer in Canada. That's the first step.

Darthryla

Jan 9, 2024
There are no stupid questions when it comes to pursuing your dreams and goals in agriculture. It's great that you're exploring opportunities in the field.
The link you shared seems to discuss an immigration pilot program related to agri-food workers in Canada. To understand the specific qualifications for a 'general farm laborer' or starting a farm business in Canada, it's advisable to reach out to organizations like RESOPP. They might be able to provide you with more detailed information and resources.
If you're considering starting a farm in Canada, you might need to look into the requirements for immigration, business plans, and permits.

Depressions

Feb 24, 2024
Selbitz
Category........
Other
There are no stupid questions when it comes to pursuing your dreams and goals in agriculture. It's great that you're exploring opportunities in the field.
The link you shared seems to discuss an immigration pilot program related to agri-food workers in Canada. To understand the specific qualifications for a 'general farm laborer' or starting a farm business in Canada, it's advisable to reach out to organizations like RESOPP. They might be able to provide you with more detailed information and resources.
If you're considering starting a farm in Canada, you might need to look into the requirements for immigration, business plans, and permits.
No one is dumb who is curious. The people who don't ask questions remain clueless throughout their lives. Neil deGrasse Tyson