+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study visa can be used again

norikochawla

Oct 25, 2016
Hi people
I m Noriko Chawla. I got my study visa last October 2016 and I had applied for FDU Vancouver. I went there in dec but had to come back due toIndia some medical emergency. Did not attend college and have also applied for refund. I applied for my GIC refund but they require my visa to be canceled. I wish to go back in sept n want to know if I can go on same visa oa have to reapply it. My visa is valid till dec 2018. I want to apply to some college in Toronto. I have already done course in Autism from GBC Toronto in 2012 but came bak after that.
Somebody plz help me with y query.
Thanx to whoever takes out time to read n reply

anuragsood

Jan 5, 2017
norikochawla said:
Hi people
I m Noriko Chawla. I got my study visa last October 2016 and I had applied for FDU Vancouver. I went there in dec but had to come back due toIndia some medical emergency. Did not attend college and have also applied for refund. I applied for my GIC refund but they require my visa to be canceled. I wish to go back in sept n want to know if I can go on same visa oa have to reapply it. My visa is valid till dec 2018. I want to apply to some college in Toronto. I have already done course in Autism from GBC Toronto in 2012 but came bak after that.
Somebody plz help me with y query.
Thanx to whoever takes out time to read n reply
As are as i know you'll need an ETA, electronic travel authorization.. look into the process to apply for this..

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

anuragsood said:
As are as i know you'll need an ETA, electronic travel authorization.. look into the process to apply for this..
1. No, as I believe the OP is from a NON visa exempt country, s/he requires a valid TRV to enter Canada,not an ETA.

dbss

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
PMM said:
Hi

1. No, as I believe the OP is from a NON visa exempt country, s/he requires a valid TRV to enter Canada,not an ETA.
To add to this as long as she has enrollment confirmation + valid documentation to justify the stay, she can still use the old visa as long as it does not say cancelled on it.

dbss

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
Nissshann said:
What if person had cancelled his Student visa, still his study permit will be valid if not expired??
As far as I know, the person himself/herself cannot cancel the visa - CBSA/CIC can only do it. If the person writes something on the visa on their own or loses the visa passport, that is a different thing.

Nissshann

Star Member
Dec 10, 2015
dbss said:
As far as I know, the person himself/herself cannot cancel the visa - CBSA/CIC can only do it. If the person writes something on the visa on their own or loses the visa passport, that is a different thing.
Yes I'm talking about the condition in which person applied for cancellation of visa in CIC, after cancellation of visa Does study permit still be Valid if it is not expired?

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Nissshann said:
Yes I'm talking about the condition in which person applied for cancellation of visa in CIC, after cancellation of visa Does study permit still be Valid if it is not expired?
it is possible FDU will have reported you to CIC for non attendance resulting in the study permit being cancelled so you should not assume it is still active/valid and need to confirm First that FDU has not reported you as they should do.

I would though be surprised if FDU gave any fee refund but then again depends on their policy for unforeseen emergencies that result in non attendance.

norikochawla

Oct 25, 2016
Hii Thanx for your replies.
I have applied for my refund from FDU n its under process and I also applied for my GIC refund as well and got a call from canada embassy delhi for cancellation of my visa for GIC refund. I asked the person if I wanna go bak in may or sept, he said hes nt the right the right person to comment on this. So now I m really confused as I have not send my passport for cancellation and have not received any call from embassy or mail from bank, its been 2 weeks already. I just wnt to know that if I dnt cancel my visa n submit new college acceptance letter n inform CIC about it. Will my same visa will be valid because I have it valid till dec 2018 and also can i surrender my study permit which i got in vancouver.