+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

STUDY PERMIT

Senami1999

Jul 12, 2024
I just collected my study permit at the Windsor/Detroit border but there are no conditions and remarks stated on it. What can I do?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I don’t know if I’ll be issued an SIN or even be able to work part time while in school
You cannot work until your permit is amended. It is a paper application and will take months to process. What school?
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/work/work-off-campus.html#

To apply for a SIN to work off campus, you must have 1 of these conditions printed on your study permit:

• may work 20 hours per week off campus or full-time during regular breaks if meeting criteria outlined in paragraph 186(v) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations.
  • may accept employment on or off campus if meeting eligibility criteria, per paragraph R186(f), (v) or (w) and must cease working if no longer meeting these criteria.
If your study permit doesn’t have work conditions on it
You can ask to have these conditions added if you’re eligible to work off campus. There’s no fee to add these conditions to your permit.
You must request an amendment to your study permit before you can apply to Service Canada for a SIN.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Even I applied from inside canada, been waiting for a decision for a month. May I know when you applied.
OP flagpoled when permit was approved. Read first post. So your permit was approved and you sent in passport for stamping?

Adevhiky

Jul 17, 2024
This is a public volunteer forum on immigration, so you can ask a question.
[/QUOTE
I’m about to apply for my study Visa for my msc and my Uncle is my Sponsor. Please does that work cos I see things like it’s only your parents that can sponsor you.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Sometimes it works. Uncle must show funds in personal account to support you, himself and any of his dependants/spouse. So he has paid your tuition and shown minimum of $21k plus his living expenses. IRCC doesn’t have to consider his funds but will not know until approved.