+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit - Work in Health service?

lndunn

May 1, 2016
My study permit says 'Not Authorized to work in child care, primary/secondary school teaching, health service field occupations.'

By Health Service, does it mean in a patient-care situation, or does it mean administrative jobs for health-related corporations? Because I've been working for my province's Health Services in the provincial IT for a while and we just noticed that condition and now I'm worried.

(Plan on calling CIC as well, but thought I'd check if anyone here knows.)

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
No it's fine. You only have to do a medical to get the condition removed but it doesn't apply to your situation. The condition is there to make sure people are not working with patients or children when they have communicable diseases.

bel2222

Mar 10, 2019
My study permit says 'Not Authorized to work in child care, primary/secondary school teaching, health service field occupations.'

By Health Service, does it mean in a patient-care situation, or does it mean administrative jobs for health-related corporations? Because I've been working for my province's Health Services in the provincial IT for a while and we just noticed that condition and now I'm worried.

(Plan on calling CIC as well, but thought I'd check if anyone here knows.)

Hi Indunn,

Did you find out if the condition applies to administrative jobs for health related clinics?