+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit while PR in process

maria_786

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2013
I wanted to ask if someone is on study permit while thier PR is in process within canada, what happens if u dont attend school for 90 days i heard yur study permit gets cancelled automatically so when cic sends passport req will this effect the pr process? can cic refuse u for the PR visa n what happens if u go get the visa but when u go do the landing at the local cic office can they refuse ur landing bcz they can see in the system u r out of status n when the study permit was cancelled. Or can the person leave canada after getting pr visa n go back home n then do the landing at the airport while re entering canada, will the officer still question anything abt ur status while u were in canada?

naina17955

Mar 27, 2018
I have a similar question if any one can please help, i have my acceptance from a Canadian university and will be applying for study permit however last year i was in the Express entry pool which is now not active/withdrawn, what should i fill in the back ground question for ''applied previously to enter or remain in Canada'' will this affect my chances of getting study permit

Frank desty

Mar 28, 2018
Hello every one, it been 1 month and 2 days i summitted my application in affrica only to get mail from CIC that There have been no updates to your application (×××××××××××) since you last checked your account. Thank you for your patience. Please i want to know what this means because my process time of study permitte will end by 26th April. Will be happy for your urgent reply. Thanks

maria_786

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2013
no one will know what happens too risky to find out, however if u have stopped studying and do not fulfill study permit requirements then u should immediately leave Canada or apply for change of status to visitor. If u are out of status meaning over stayed that could cause PR rejection so dont take any chances.
u have 3 options
1. dont quit studying fulfill ur study permit obligations
or
2. apply for change of status as visitor
or
3. leave Canada immediately

its actually my bro whos in this situation, he spoke to his college n they sd they dont withdraw u or report to cic even if u take a semester off, he spoke to the manager there n she sd she hasnt ever heard of this rule :s ..so if he doesnt know whether cic will cancel his study permit or not can he still apply for the change of status to visitor? n it hasnt been 90 days yet since he stopped going to college, should he apply for the visitor status right away ? n lets assume his study permit does automatically gets cancelled bcz he hasnt attended college for 90 days, does he have 90 days after that to restore his status? it will be 90 days in mid april since he hasnt attended college.