+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Violation due to covid

bird120246

Apr 29, 2021
If they cancelled your visa citing violations of condition of your study permit, then the odds are high. However, im not making that judgement but its good to know good and possible bad news in your situation, then you plan and make next move
Yes I know I appreciate it all. I meant if you know a lawyer that you can recommend me. You said I might face a removal order if they reject my restoration, wouldn't it be better for me to travel home and apply for restoration there?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
And I have to stay until my restoration is processed right? Can I leave before that? And If i can get a LOA from my school and apply for restoration outlining my reasons you say I will most likely be rejected right? I realize I overstayed my permit but IRCC gave me time until August, wont that help me at all during my appeal? You've been so helpful dude I can't thank you enough
Restoration of your status will only restore your status to visitor. You still need to apply for a new study permit. With covid it is very hard to predict how flexible IRCC will be about approving a new study permit. I've seen others in similar positions being approved but every case is always evaluated on it's own merits. The fact that you are attending university versus college usually helps your case. If you were doing well in your courses that will also help. If you have problems registering or other problems you should really contact the international student coordinator not just stop attending.

bird120246

Apr 29, 2021
Restoration of your status will only restore your status to visitor. You still need to apply for a new study permit. With covid it is very hard to predict how flexible IRCC will be about approving a new study permit. I've seen others in similar positions being approved but every case is always evaluated on it's own merits. The fact that you are attending university versus college usually helps your case. If you were doing well in your courses that will also help. If you have problems registering or other problems you should really contact the international student coordinator not just stop attending.
What are the chances that I can restore my status to visitor? I am worried about getting a removal order because of what Simba112 said. If i can get a visitor status that would be amazing for me at the moment because cases are over the roofs in my native country and I don't want to put my family at risk. And are you sure my status will be restored to visitor? The application im filling right now asks for a letter of acceptance and all.

bird120246

Apr 29, 2021
And does the restoration process is for expired permits but my permit is probably cancelled, so will that even work for me?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
What are the chances that I can restore my status to visitor? I am worried about getting a removal order because of what Simba112 said. If i can get a visitor status that would be amazing for me at the moment because cases are over the roofs in my native country and I don't want to put my family at risk. And are you sure my status will be restored to visitor? The application im filling right now asks for a letter of acceptance and all.
Nobody can guarantee whether your status will be restored but I think you have a decent chance. You don't really have another option you need to try. Due to covid you actually qualify to attempt to restore your status but you must apply relatively soon because the extra time to restore your status due to covid is ending this summer. Yes your status will be only restored to visitor not student. It will take a while to even hear about your restoration application. I would explain that due to high levels of covid you have been scared to travel and return home.

bird120246

Apr 29, 2021
Nobody can guarantee whether your status will be restored but I think you have a decent chance. You don't really have another option you need to try. Due to covid you actually qualify to attempt to restore your status but you must apply relatively soon because the extra time to restore your status due to covid is ending this summer. Yes your status will be only restored to visitor not student. It will take a while to even hear about your restoration application. I would explain that due to high levels of covid you have been scared to travel and return home.
Do I have to stay in canada while my application is being processed? And is that deadline still applies to me if my permit has been cancelled and not expired?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Do I have to stay in canada while my application is being processed? And is that deadline still applies to me if my permit has been cancelled and not expired?
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/restoration-extension-trv.html

If you leave before your restoration is processed you should notify Ircc via webform. There is no need to restore your status if you aren't in Canada. You will need o apply for a study permit whether inside or outside Canada.

bird120246

Apr 29, 2021
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/restoration-extension-trv.html

If you leave before your restoration is processed you should notify Ircc via webform. There is no need to restore your status if you aren't in Canada. You will need o apply for a study permit whether inside or outside Canada.
I understand but does this still work for me if my permit has been cancelled not expired? Is there difference between those two? And will I be able to stay while they are processing my application? Thank you dude so much

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I understand but does this still work for me if my permit has been cancelled not expired? Is there difference between those two? And will I be able to stay while they are processing my application? Thank you dude so much
The process will be the same.

kokogo

Feb 17, 2021
I think right now I am considered "Out of status". I haven't been doing anything as I said. My school reported me on december and I dont know if my study permit is cancelled or not but I am assuming it was cancelled on december when my university reported me. By accomodations I mean stuff on this page: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/restoration-extension-trv.html
Im Confused
Can someone please clarify?
I dont see how this policy makes sense
It says you can still apply if its past 90days
Yet its saying you must have valid status
If its past 90days wouldnt that mean that permit is NOT valid?
Thanks in advance

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Im Confused
Can someone please clarify?
I dont see how this policy makes sense
It says you can still apply if its past 90days
Yet its saying you must have valid status
If its past 90days wouldnt that mean that permit is NOT valid?
Thanks in advance
You can apply but you need to have status in Canada. You need to apply your status first.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
What is the difference between a status and a study permit?
Valid immigration status, in your case if they approve restoration of visitor visa. Study permit is also a status as long it is valid. If not you are out of status,= you dont have status