+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit unexpected denial... any chances?

blazinbeauties2002

Sep 3, 2010
Hello guys,(Urgent)

I am new to this forum and have read all the postings from the very beginning. However, there seems to be nobody applying from London. This is my case: I’m Nigerian living in the UK. I did my Master’s in the UK and presently work as a research assistant.

I recently received an admission offer for a Master’s degree leading to a PhD, from a Canadian institution with funding that enough to cover my living expenses and tuition.

My questions are:

a) Would the letter of funding on its own suffice for the visa application process, or I still need to include some statement of account?
b) What implication would the funding have on my application?
c) Could anybody with the London application experience comment, please.

I would very much appreciate your swift responses.

jiawan

Star Member
Jul 18, 2010
hey friend its nothing jus bad luck i guess..

and ur first 2 refusals were bcoz u was late and there was nothing u can do about it. and ur third rejection was bcoz of financial problems which the visa officer mentioned in ur rejection/ refusal letter.

now u are going to apply for the 4th time and i m sure this time its gonna work , i would suggest take that 2 years diploma course from that conteinetal college sorry if i spell wrong , provide the current statement, and right a good SOP and mentioned in that SOP that why u get rejected 1st and 2nd time and then also 3rd time. this will give a clear picture to visa officer that why u get rejected 3 times. as u know first 2 reason was jus bcoz u was late thats all.. so it will make visa officer not to think too much about the refusals.

also add a police clearance certificate and also add some property or assets documents which are under ur name or ur family name to make ur home ties more look like something which u gonna come back for.

thats all i can suggest right now and i guess this time its gonna work for you , i m sure .. :) jus go ahead GOOD LUCK

jiawan

Star Member
Jul 18, 2010
@blazinbeauties2002 hey sorry bro u should start another topic for questions u ask then only u can get suitable answers ... bcoz the topic of discussion is something else here ...

DarkPassenger

Jul 16, 2010
jiawan said:
hey friend its nothing jus bad luck i guess..

and ur first 2 refusals were bcoz u was late and there was nothing u can do about it. and ur third rejection was bcoz of financial problems which the visa officer mentioned in ur rejection/ refusal letter.

now u are going to apply for the 4th time and i m sure this time its gonna work , i would suggest take that 2 years diploma course from that conteinetal college sorry if i spell wrong , provide the current statement, and right a good SOP and mentioned in that SOP that why u get rejected 1st and 2nd time and then also 3rd time. this will give a clear picture to visa officer that why u get rejected 3 times. as u know first 2 reason was jus bcoz u was late thats all.. so it will make visa officer not to think too much about the refusals.

also add a police clearance certificate and also add some property or assets documents which are under ur name or ur family name to make ur home ties more look like something which u gonna come back for.

thats all i can suggest right now and i guess this time its gonna work for you , i m sure .. :) jus go ahead GOOD LUCK

thanks =)
Well I'd like to share some additional experience I've got lately.
At first - I retained an immigration lawyer so I'm working with him on my case now. Also he got VO's notes, which VO did reviewing my file. And yes, it seems that they really rejected my app because VO decided that i won't have enough money for my last year of my 3 year program in Concordia. Additionally I suppose i didn't mention it VO also wrote that he thinks i'm not going to Canada to study and therefore wont leave Canada once i get there... but it's obvious that that was officer's conclusion from the fact that i won't have enough money. And VO's notes don't say anything about it... there's notes only about my money.
However I want to add a letter with a conversation between me and admissions counselor from Concordia University to my SP application. In this letter I ask him why admission letter states that i need to study 3 years if i've been granted 1 year of transfer credits and he tells me that yes, it's a mistake in admission letter, but i'll have to study 3 academic years anyway having only core course in the third year (i.e. i'll have to pay only 6-10 credits instead of 30)... i suppose this conversation must clarify for other VO that i DID intend to study.
Well anyway I'm going to submit my new app on the next week or on the first week of Oct and I'll keep u updated. Also I'll tell u what impact on ur case can cause an immigration lawyer (of course if there will be any impact and i will get my sp).

DarkPassenger

Jul 16, 2010
blazinbeauties2002 said:
Hello guys,(Urgent)

I am new to this forum and have read all the postings from the very beginning. However, there seems to be nobody applying from London. This is my case: I'm Nigerian living in the UK. I did my Master's in the UK and presently work as a research assistant.

I recently received an admission offer for a Master's degree leading to a PhD, from a Canadian institution with funding that enough to cover my living expenses and tuition.

My questions are:

a) Would the letter of funding on its own suffice for the visa application process, or I still need to include some statement of account?
b) What implication would the funding have on my application?
c) Could anybody with the London application experience comment, please.

I would very much appreciate your swift responses.
The only thing i can tell ya is that u MUST convince VO that u really have money to cover ur tuition and livin expences... and a bank statement would be the best choice for u

DarkPassenger

Jul 16, 2010
btw guys, what do u think about this: the length of my program study will be 14-15 consecutive months which is 4 semesters. As u may know, if u want to apply for pr under canadian experience class u need to complete program which is at least 16 months OR 4 semesters and work for 1 year afterwards... so my question is what d u think will i qualify for CEC with my program's length if i ever make it to Canada? I'm concerned because from one side - it's not 16 month but 14-15 months, from the other side - it's 4 semesters... ???

Lara_K79

Sep 19, 2013
Hi Nikita, I know it was a long time ago you created this Topic. I was wondering how did you made out with your Student Visa. My sister applied and was rejected recently, she is also from Russia, Studied at Movie and TV University and applied to Centenial for Animation Program. I might have a lot of questions to you if you still available.