+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit rejected due to insufficent funds

BP2YVR

Sep 16, 2012
Hi all,

My wife got accepted to an English language school and the study permit got rejected due to insufficient funds.

The tuition fee of 5790 has already been paid.
A letter from my sister that we will be staying at her home.
Wife bank account has about 26000 CAD.

As per the CIC website. It says 11000 for applicant and 10000 for 2 other family member.

Anyone can help advise which is the correct amount is needed.?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Were any additional reasons for refusal given? It's generally quite difficult to be approved for a study visa to attend an English school.

BP2YVR

Sep 16, 2012
this was the letter to my wife

This refers to your application for a Canadian study permit. According to Canada's Immigration and Refugee
Protection Act and Regulations, as an applicant for a study permit, you must establish that your intentions are
bona fide and that you will leave Canada by the end of the period authorized for your stay. You must satisfy an
officer that you will not contravene the conditions of admission and that you do not belong in a category of
persons inadmissible to Canada under the Act. You must satisfy an officer that you will meet the requirements of
Part 12 of the Regulations, including satisfying the officer that you have adequate financial resources to pay
tuition fees and support your stay in Canada.
Based on a careful review of the information contained in your application and all of the documentation which
you have provided in support of your application, I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the Act
and the Regulations. I am therefore refusing your application.
Subsection 11(1) of the Act states that “A foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a
visa or for any other document required by the Regulations. The visa or document shall be issued if, following an
examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of
this Act.” Subsection 2(2) specifies that unless otherwise indicated, references in the Act to “this Act” include
regulations made under it.
This application is closed. Please note that any new information you wish to provide must be submitted with a
new application and processing fee. Should you wish to reapply, I would suggest that you do so only if your
situation has changed substantively or you have significant new information to submit.

Following an examination of your application, I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the Act and
the Regulations for the reasons explained below. I am therefore refusing your application.
Pursuant to Section 219 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, I am not satisfied that you:
have submitted written documentation from the educational institution at which you intend to study
that states that you have been accepted to study there
have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to pay the tuition fees
for the course or program of studies that you intend to pursue
have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to maintain yourself and
any family members who are accompanying you during your proposed period of study
have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to pay the costs of
transporting yourself and any family members who are accompanying you to and from Canada.

You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay. In reaching this
decision, I considered several factors, including:
purpose of visit
your personal assets and financial status.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Your problems are a lot more extensive than just insufficient funds.

Basically, the officer doesn't believe you submitted proof that you have been accepted by a school, doesn't believe you have enough money to pay for your schooling and doesn't believe you'll leave Canada at the end of your studies. That's a lot to overcome.

The first thing I would recommend is forget about attending a private school to study English. These schools aren't recognized by CIC. This means you dont' qualify to work off campus, you don't qualify for a spousal open work permit and you don't qualify for a post graduate work permit.

You should pick a real (public) college to attend instead.

BP2YVR

Sep 16, 2012
Does public schools have English language courses?

The school is for my wife. She doesn't need to work. School fees has already been paid. Only thing is how to prove tt she will leave canada after her studies? Myself and daughter are Singaporean and we have apartment and businesses in Singapore. Does it help?

Ghufrankhan

Nov 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-01-14
File Transfer...
21-01-14
Med's Request
06-02-14
Med's Done....
12-2-14
Passport Req..
submitted with application
VISA ISSUED...
24-2-14
LANDED..........
16-07-14
BP2YVR said:
Hi all,

My wife got accepted to an English language school and the study permit got rejected due to insufficient funds.

The tuition fee of 5790 has already been paid.
A letter from my sister that we will be staying at her home.
Wife bank account has about 26000 CAD.

As per the CIC website. It says 11000 for applicant and 10000 for 2 other family member.

Anyone can help advise which is the correct amount is needed.?
Whatever u say VO normally does not gives visa school admission. Moreover ur sister is also living there, it is leaving an impression that u r using school admission just to enter Canada...
how did u tried to prove that similar type of education is not available in your home country.