+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit rejected and cannot apply for 2 years

Infernus

Dec 25, 2011
Hello,

I am from Bangalore, India. I had applied for a study permit on Nov 17th, 2011. I got a letter from the Immigration Officer on Dec 22nd, 2011 asking me to clarify on the authenticity of my educational certificates within 30 days. The letter also stated that I might have misrepresented the facts.

I mailed a response letter on Dec 29th, 2011 clarifying that I have not misrepresented any of the details mentioned in my application and supported my letter with additional documents.

On Feb 7th, 2012 I received a letter from High Commission of Canada( dated Feb 2nd, 2012) stating that my application was refused because the documents lacks authenticity, I have misrepresented facts and also according to A40(1) I will not be able to apply again for 2 years.

My guess is they have not reviewed my response letter and hence their reason for refusal of visa is same in both letters and I certainly have not withheld or given false facts. This seems so unfair.
Can I write a letter or send an email to High Commission to reconsider their decision? Will it make any difference? please help..

Thanks

sak78

Star Member
Feb 22, 2012
can you give some details....
what sort of educational documents ....

and what about appeal against the decesion,

i am not professional just asking

Infernus

Dec 25, 2011
I have done bachelor of engineering. At first I had only submitted my degree certificate. But when I mailed the response letter the submitted all the semester's marks cards duly attested from principal.

Appealing against the decision will be expensive as one has hire a lawyer. That's why I am writing a letter with documents asking them to reconsider and I have also sent an email. But will it make any difference?

tiger007

Champion Member
Infernus said:
Hello,

I am from Bangalore, India. I had applied for a study permit on Nov 17th, 2011. I got a letter from the Immigration Officer on Dec 22nd, 2011 asking me to clarify on the authenticity of my educational certificates within 30 days. The letter also stated that I might have misrepresented the facts.

I mailed a response letter on Dec 29th, 2011 clarifying that I have not misrepresented any of the details mentioned in my application and supported my letter with additional documents.

On Feb 7th, 2012 I received a letter from High Commission of Canada( dated Feb 2nd, 2012) stating that my application was refused because the documents lacks authenticity, I have misrepresented facts and also according to A40(1) I will not be able to apply again for 2 years.

My guess is they have not reviewed my response letter and hence their reason for refusal of visa is same in both letters and I certainly have not withheld or given false facts. This seems so unfair.
Can I write a letter or send an email to High Commission to reconsider their decision? Will it make any difference? please help..

Thanks
With all due respect buddy... If you 've really not misrepresented anything.. then it looks like...GENUINE BAD LUCK! Pure bad luck. The visa office sorts countless files and takes so many decisions, and although extremely rare, it can sometimes result in a situation like this. You should have really taken utmost care step by step, by consulting a reputed agent/experienced person/consultant and prepared the visa application file. Because, I'm sure...there are few people who actually misrepresent facts.. and they pass through... because no system is full proof perfect. So..you get my point... it's matter of LUCK!

badalpharm

Star Member
Dec 21, 2011
Thunder Bay, ON, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2013
Doc's Request.
no
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
25-11-2013
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
29-04-2014
Med's Done....
13-05-2014
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
21-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
28-01-2015
LANDED..........
11-02-2015
If you had not given any false details, I would suggest you to hire a lawyer. May be you can consult with David cohen, owner of this site, He is a well know lawyer. Because this kind of allegation may create problem for you, even after 2 years, If you again apply for visa.

tiger007

Champion Member
badalpharm said:
If you had not given any false details, I would suggest you to hire a lawyer. May be you can consult with David cohen, owner of this site, He is a well know lawyer. Because this kind of allegation may create problem for you, even after 2 years, If you again apply for visa.

@Infernus
Right.. only fight the case.. IF YOU ARE 1000% SURE.. THAT THERE'S NOT A SINGLE MISTAKE ON YOUR SIDE!

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Infernus said:
Hello,

Thanks
Hi,

1. You are paying for your shortcuts. Read last post (point 1) www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/study-permit-might-be-rejected-t91724.0.html;msg1183176#msg1183176

Infernus

Dec 25, 2011
Hi,

After your advice(point 1) I did submit my PDC+individual mark sheets which was attested by principal because I could not get the registrar's sign.Still it will not amount to misrepresentation. But it seems it has not made a single difference to my case. But I am 100% sure I have not misrepresented any facts.

If I decide to hire a lawyer how much will it cost? How to contact David Cohen?

Thanks

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Infernus said:
Hi,

After your advice(point 1) I did submit my PDC+individual mark sheets which was attested by principal because I could not get the registrar's sign.Still it will not amount to misrepresentation. But it seems it has not made a single difference to my case. But I am 100% sure I have not misrepresented any facts.

Thanks
Hi,

1. I repeat, it's registrar (not principal) who hold authority to issue PDC/DC/Transcript/Merit/Migration certificate. So, no question/advise of attestation by the principal.
2. Appeal work only if there is error of law (not error of judgement).
3. So, why waste time + money on a lawyer. Order CAIPS Notes, if possible (only to get an indication/file notes). www.caips.ca/

badalpharm

Star Member
Dec 21, 2011
Thunder Bay, ON, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2013
Doc's Request.
no
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
25-11-2013
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
29-04-2014
Med's Done....
13-05-2014
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
21-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
28-01-2015
LANDED..........
11-02-2015
Infernus said:

Thanks
You can visit canadavisa.com and fill contact us form to hire David.

Mar 7, 2012
Study permit rejected Need help in writing RECONSIDERATION Letter

Greetings, My student visa got rejected on the grounds that my proposed course is not relevant to my profile (i am a dentist and I applied for Masters in Global health from Canada) and visa officer is not satisfied that I will leave Canada after my course finishes. Can anyone please send me some suggestions / sample letters as i want to send a letter to Visa officer for reconsideration of my Student Visa. PLEASE ANYBODY HELP.

H

HBK

@savita malhotra,
Since you r dentist and you opted course master in global health.

i m not medical student but want to ask you it is related course to dentist course?

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: Study permit rejected Need help in writing RECONSIDERATION Letter

SAVITA MALHOTRA said:
Greetings, My student visa got rejected on the grounds that my proposed course is not relevant to my profile (i am a dentist and I applied for Masters in Global health from Canada) and visa officer is not satisfied that I will leave Canada after my course finishes. Can anyone please send me some suggestions / sample letters as i want to send a letter to Visa officer for reconsideration of my Student Visa. PLEASE ANYBODY HELP.
Hi,

1. Absolutely, it's of no use to send any letter to the CHC. Your only option is to change your course to the relevant one.

H

HBK

ya exactly,
as enfield said choose your course which is relavent to dentist course