+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit refused

Chin123

Star Member
Jun 6, 2019
You have not satisfied the visa officer on those two points and you need to improve your application and if you feel you can do that apply again. You can also get the caips notes to get the officers specific reasoning.

Since we dont know what you included in your application we cant really help too much, but go through the other 100s of threads on this and you should get the idea.
Hi i wanted to ask what is the diffrence between an SOP and a LOE?
Should they both be included in an application or not.
Thanks.

Aicha saounde

Jan 14, 2019
Hey everyone I hope you guys are good. Just one questions I got rejected in January After I did my biometrics I filled for CAIPS file which helped me tremendously. I’ve fixed my wrongs , and I have a new school letter for summer. But I want seem to log in , it logs me in but not to my page were the documents were uploaded. Should I create a new account or has my account expired please help

mumay fort

Nov 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello All,

I just came across this thread. I am a permanent resident of Canada since 2015; my dependent was declared as non-accompanying on my application. Now I'm planning to bring her here as a Student (grade school), as per the advice of an immigration consultant. I would like to hear what someone else has to say before I jump in. Thank you in advance.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello All,

I just came across this thread. I am a permanent resident of Canada since 2015; my dependent was declared as non-accompanying on my application. Now I'm planning to bring her here as a Student (grade school), as per the advice of an immigration consultant. I would like to hear what someone else has to say before I jump in. Thank you in advance.
You need to sponsor her for PR. It will take 5-10 months.

Reactions: mumay fort

Rg65

Jun 29, 2019
Hey everyone I hope you guys are good. Just one questions I got rejected in January After I did my biometrics I filled for CAIPS file which helped me tremendously. I’ve fixed my wrongs , and I have a new school letter for summer. But I want seem to log in , it logs me in but not to my page were the documents were uploaded. Should I create a new account or has my account expired please help
Hi You need to clear your browser cache or just use icogonito mode in your browser. you will able to get through.

Stunna12345

Oct 1, 2019
Hi
I was denied as well.

Got my ATIP notes and it stated

Given family ties or economic motives to remain in Canada, the applicants incentives to remain in Canada may outweigh their ties to home country. The applicants plan of studies appears vague and poorly documented. According to the applicants current or future employment prospects, I have accorded less weight to their employment ties to their home of residence. Weighing the factors in this application, I am not satisfied the applicant will depart Canada at the end of the period authorized for the stay.

I have a B.Sc in computer science in Nigeria going for a Graduate diploma in Information security at Concordia university of Edmonton.
Bio

22 years old male. Working about a year as a Software Developer.
I showed enough financial support of about $50000
Employment letter. Even added screenshots of posted ads for a vacant roles of cyber security official to show prospective employment.

please what can I do? Date of resumption is already past and I have to reapply to the school to get a new admission letter but my deposit is still with the school. I was wondering if I can do a reconsideration of the application or just reapply for the study permit afresh

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
Hi
I was denied as well.

Got my ATIP notes and it stated

Given family ties or economic motives to remain in Canada, the applicants incentives to remain in Canada may outweigh their ties to home country. The applicants plan of studies appears vague and poorly documented. According to the applicants current or future employment prospects, I have accorded less weight to their employment ties to their home of residence. Weighing the factors in this application, I am not satisfied the applicant will depart Canada at the end of the period authorized for the stay.

I have a B.Sc in computer science in Nigeria going for a Graduate diploma in Information security at Concordia university of Edmonton.
Bio

22 years old male. Working about a year as a Software Developer.
I showed enough financial support of about $50000
Employment letter. Even added screenshots of posted ads for a vacant roles of cyber security official to show prospective employment.

please what can I do? Date of resumption is already past and I have to reapply to the school to get a new admission letter but my deposit is still with the school. I was wondering if I can do a reconsideration of the application or just reapply for the study permit afresh
Hello,

Opinion may differ on this, but for mine, it would be better to put in a new application. I believe your application was handled by Nairobi. Those VOs are not considerate and might not consider your application even writing a "letter of consideration." Save that time and energy.

First thing you should do now is write to your prospect school about a possible deferment to the next available intake. Also, do well to include the refusal letter.

In a case of refusal, a secret is to avoid hastiness of reapply and properly address the VO's concerns through improving on your situation and other areas.

Good luck