+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit refused from Saudi Arabia

nadir hassan

Star Member
Nov 30, 2020
Hello everyone,
so i applied from khobar for Canadian study permit and i got rejected due to immigration status and my purpose of Visit to Canada.
and i found the answers for these questions ( if you have applied through any Counselor service or agent he will never tell you about SOP letter which is very important) so if you see the original thing for SOP mention on the CIC's website for Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
its states that the SOP must have the following things:-

Submit a “one page study plan” which answers the following questions and includes any other information relevant to the processing of your application:
1. Why do you wish to study in Canada in the program for which you have been accepted?
2. What is your overall educational goal?
3. Why are you not pursuing a similar program in your country of residence or of citizenship?
4. How will this program enhance your employment opportunities in your country of residence or of citizenship?
5. What ties do you have to your country of residence and of citizenship?
6. Explain how you (or your parents) plan to pay your tuition, fees and living expenses. Do you have any brothers or sisters studying in Canada or elsewhere abroad?

if you forgot to mention or clear any of the topic's above they will reject it by giving you the reason of purpose of your visit to Canada and make sure your sop is very strong and understandable.

another biggest error which foreign national face's in Saudi Arabia is about the immigration status (IF YOU ARE NON SAUDI IT IS COMPULSORY TO SUBMIT EXIT-RE ENTRY Letter issued by the government) IDP didn't informed me about this issue to i got this reason for my refusal. its also better to provide a letter from you parent that he will be renewing your IQAMA while you will be Studying in Canada.

My profile
i re applied on 14th December
bio metrics done before
fixed my errors
waiting for the answer
classes starts on 18th Jan
Centennial college, Toronto
nationality Pakistan

if anyone have any kind of doubts contact me here or on my email hassannadir14@outlook.com

Good luck remember me in your prayers

sqfit

Jan 16, 2020
Ill be honest. If you will mention KSA (your temporary residence) as your country of return you will most likely get rejected again. I understand there are lot of job opportunities in middle east & one can easily find a job, etc. However, VO don't look at it this way. They are probably given a checklist which says you need to have legal status of permanent nature wherever you wish to go after studies. They don't use any other logic. Besides, from what I read from other candidates, they don't consider property of parents for mature adults(over age of 21) as ties. I know it is very normal in Asian culture but they dont consider it that way. So the property has to be in your name to prove ownership/financial ties.
Hi!

I got the gcms notes and they mentioned that my husband's job is under saudization process hence literally they derailed my entire application on the basis of that!!!
3 reasons:
1) they feel I am more qualified than the course I want to do!!! (Clarifying that in my SOP stating my course requires a bachelor to qualify and also explaining in detail why it is important for me to study and to progress in my career) (stating my home town Mumbai has a lot of job opportunities and my course will help me to get an excellent job)
2) Limited funds as I paid one year tuition and had only 17000 CAD in my account and told them husband will sponsor me from his ongoing income. They refused saying funds too low and that husband's job is very instable so not enough financial funding.
3) Immigration status : As we are temporary residents and husband has high chances of being sacked so won't return back!!!

I have read cases from here of Indians who applied stating they will go to Canada (with spouse btw and children) on final exit and then go back to India after completion of studies.

So now I am changing my application completely with keeping the recent humanity crisis as a reason I have decided to get an education and permanently live in my country with my husband as we have our parents here.
I even have a widowed mother in law, so got an affidavit from her as well as my parents that both of us are the immediate heir and nominee to our parents' properties which is actually 120k CAD above each to prove as our assets (we are under 28 so too young to have our own properties lol) and our home ties.
Also have paid 1 year tuition, and showing 2nd year tuition, first year living expenses plus an excess 7000 CAD as liquid funds!!!

What do you guys think are my chance now as SP + Husband's OWP!!!

want suggestions as I want to re apply asap, got my deferral letter as well.

thanks!

Neha Agarwal

Star Member
Jul 29, 2020
Hi!

I got the gcms notes and they mentioned that my husband's job is under saudization process hence literally they derailed my entire application on the basis of that!!!
3 reasons:
1) they feel I am more qualified than the course I want to do!!! (Clarifying that in my SOP stating my course requires a bachelor to qualify and also explaining in detail why it is important for me to study and to progress in my career) (stating my home town Mumbai has a lot of job opportunities and my course will help me to get an excellent job)
2) Limited funds as I paid one year tuition and had only 17000 CAD in my account and told them husband will sponsor me from his ongoing income. They refused saying funds too low and that husband's job is very instable so not enough financial funding.
3) Immigration status : As we are temporary residents and husband has high chances of being sacked so won't return back!!!

I have read cases from here of Indians who applied stating they will go to Canada (with spouse btw and children) on final exit and then go back to India after completion of studies.

So now I am changing my application completely with keeping the recent humanity crisis as a reason I have decided to get an education and permanently live in my country with my husband as we have our parents here.
I even have a widowed mother in law, so got an affidavit from her as well as my parents that both of us are the immediate heir and nominee to our parents' properties which is actually 120k CAD above each to prove as our assets (we are under 28 so too young to have our own properties lol) and our home ties.
Also have paid 1 year tuition, and showing 2nd year tuition, first year living expenses plus an excess 7000 CAD as liquid funds!!!

thanks!
What is your husband job profession in Saudi arabia

Shaild

Oct 17, 2019
Hi!

3 reasons:

thanks!
As I said in my comment, VO dont have a liking towards people returning to GCC countries. As long as you will mention you will return to your country of citizenship you still stand a chance. Especially considering you both are still young that is a big advantage.

With regards to funds, try to show as such that even if you don't have a job you can survive and will have enough money to travel back home. Although unrealistic, but helps to build strong financial case.

Cant comment on the course as I didn't see any mention of what you have done so far & what is your profession. This can be tricky and you cant really dodge this as this is something they can take quantifiable decision on.

sqfit

Jan 16, 2020
As I said in my comment, VO dont have a liking towards people returning to GCC countries. As long as you will mention you will return to your country of citizenship you still stand a chance. Especially considering you both are still young that is a big advantage.

With regards to funds, try to show as such that even if you don't have a job you can survive and will have enough money to travel back home. Although unrealistic, but helps to build strong financial case.

Cant comment on the course as I didn't see any mention of what you have done so far & what is your profession. This can be tricky and you cant really dodge this as this is something they can take quantifiable decision on.
Hi!
Regarding my course, I’m going for a PG certificate of 2 years and I’m a bachelor in management studies. My course is in Global Business management and hence I’m explaining how the in depth study would help me approach managerial roles (as my current experience mostly internships) is very limited and restricts me.

We are stating our intent of returning back to our home country and have shown ties by making affidavit from both our parents of how we are the heirs (that’s all we can do) and our each heired properties are above 100k Cad each. Doing this because in my last SOP I didn’t mention anything about our home country economic status and hence they gave it as a reason for refusal saying economic conditions are not good in home country. Maybe this will prove that we come from established homes and are not runaways. My husband’s mother is a widow so pressing on it of how important it is to go back as she lives alone and is getting old.
Funds we have 40K after paying the fees, we are just 7k short of our complete funding, unfortunately can’t do anything about that hence stating that I will be working according to the study permit allowance and husband will work too as he’s young and can’t have career gaps while he’s with me there.
I’m doing it on my own again, in the process of writing our SOPs and will re apply within this week.
Kindly do give your valuable suggestions if you think I can change something.

amitkala17

Star Member
May 17, 2018
Sales and Admin Supervisor

Hello,
did u think of master/MBA instead of PG.
I heard from some consultant that if you have more experience(5+ years). then it is better to go for masters.
I believe there would be more chances of Visa approval if it is master.
I am also working in KSA, and I am planning to apply for masters in Computer Science or MBA.

Second, can you please tell me what you write in your current or permanent address when filling the application? Your home address or Saudi Address. As I know it should be as per passport.

Thanks

amitkala17

Star Member
May 17, 2018
Hello guys

can you please tell me what you write in your current or permanent address when filling the College/university application? Your home address or Saudi Address.
As I know it should be as per passport. So for example, if my address in the passport is of India, then should I write this in the study and visa application?

Thanks

amitkala17

Star Member
May 17, 2018
Hello Dears,

I am an Indian working in KSA, and I am planning to apply for a student visa for Canada from KSA.
can you please share the detail of Exit entry requirement? Exit reentry paper is not the final exit paper.
if a working professional who has Iqama is applying for a study visa from Saudi Arabia, does he have to submit Exit entry paper or Final exit paper?
if a person gets final exit paper and his or her visa is rejected, then it would be an issue as he has to leave the kingdom.

In my SOP, I will mention that after study I will go back to India, and will not return to KSA.

Thanks