+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit refused from Saudi Arabia

Nandy0488

Star Member
Apr 3, 2019
i see, yes this could be the issue with my application, if i reapply with this statement that i will return back to my home country will it bring another objection or do you think it will be easy go?
I think it is better to apply for GCMS, go through the concerns of VO and reapply with a stronger SOP than the first one.

aspirant256

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2020
You need to show progression in your career. If you got admission in PGD and a program which won't add value to your career then you're ineligible and your sole intent would appear to be settling in Canada. First evaluate which program will truly progress your career to next level.

Maybe tommorow

Nov 2, 2020
I'm no expert, but here's what I think you should do:

1- apply for gcms

2- do as Nandy did

3- do not get a paper from your boss that your job will be kept for you. I have no idea how that works especially when you're a foreigner. Sorry to say this, but it makes your application look fake.

4- keep your statement page to 300/400 words. I doubt they read all of your 4 pages.

5- if you intend to immigrate, it's best to apply for immigration programs?

I'm very sorry your application got refused buddy, especially if you began your studies. All love, friend ❤❤

jweekend

Champion Member
Dec 13, 2019
Whatever you write in your sop won't matter if your intention is still the same as before and you won't leave Canada as per immigration regulations.

Neha Agarwal

Star Member
Jul 29, 2020
So sorry for the refusal.
I got my approval today from Riyadh office. I am an Indian, living with my spouse and kids since four years.
In my SOP, I mentioned that I would be returning back to India and I was a frequent traveler to India. I showed property in my name.
Hope this helps
did you applied only student or with dependent ?

Nol85

Jul 30, 2020
Hello may i know your timeline? I am waiting for my approval and now i am a little worried.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Which school were you planning on attending in Canada?
I'm surprised it took this long for someone to actually ask this! OP stated their profile but clearly left out what their bachelor's degree was in, what course/program they are planning to study in Canada and where (college or uni?).

The refusal reason probably lies in somewhere in this missing info...

Ironclad

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2020
Canada
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your immigration status.

Only way to overcome this is to apply from your home country. Showing ties is not needed here in this case, since the refusal is not based on that but it may help. Because most of the time when you prove something, usually a new reason pops out from the VO's head.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the limited employment prospects in your country of residence.

SOP needs to be concise and factual. VO doesn't believe that the opted study will give you benefits back home at this point of your life. You have to stress the progression of designations over the years of your career and other important points.

Reactions: primaprime

Shaild

Oct 17, 2019
From what I've read extensively on this forum, stating that you will return back to your country of residence that is temporary of nature will result in rejection. They are well aware all GCC countries VISA's are linked to jobs & no one can permanently stay back.

You must show ties back to your country of citizenship. This way you might stand a chance. But honestly, since you have already stated your intent & all documentation about returning to your temporary country of residence it will be difficult to take back on your words. Whatever you do, all the best bro!

smohammad

Nov 2, 2020
Hello friends.

finally, I received the GCMS notes, looking for an expert's advice on how to re-apply and what should I write in LOE / additional documents.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your immigration status.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the limited employment prospects in your country of residence.

GCMS notes:
Text: I have reviewed the application.
Taking the applicant's current employment situation into consideration, the employment does not demonstrate that the applicant is sufficiently well established that the applicant would leave Canada at the end of a period of authorized stay.
The applicant's immigration status in their country of residence is temporary, which reduces their ties to that country.
Weighing the factors in this application. I am not satisfied that the applicant will adhere to the terms and conditions imposed as a temporary resident.
For the reasons above, I have refused this application.
NOTES: 2
Created Date: 2020/10/14

Thank you.

jweekend

Champion Member
Dec 13, 2019
Hello friends.

finally, I received the GCMS notes, looking for an expert's advice on how to re-apply and what should I write in LOE / additional documents.

GCMS notes:
Taking the applicant's current employment situation into consideration, the employment does not demonstrate that the applicant is sufficiently well established that the applicant would leave Canada at the end of a period of authorized stay.
The applicant's immigration status in their country of residence is temporary, which reduces their ties to that country.
Weighing the factors in this application. I am not satisfied that the applicant will adhere to the terms and conditions imposed as a temporary resident.

Thank you.
The visa officer has determined that you are not using a study permit for its purpose and trying to use it as a way to stay in Canada without returning to your country.

This contravenes immigration regulations and therefore you are not eligible to a study permit.

Shaild

Oct 17, 2019
Hello friends.

GCMS notes:

Thank you.
You need to understand that the Canadian VO want some solid evidence that you will leave. They are hell bent on this as they need to check that box which says they are satisfied. Even though no one can ever ensure someone will leave or not but it is a requirement which needs to be adhered to.

If you plan to apply again, state that you will return back to your country of 'citizenship'. Make a constructive plan on what you wish to do when you go back. I know you might want to come back to SA considering your experience and no difficulty finding a job but dont mention it. Sorry but that's the way the system works.

smohammad

Nov 2, 2020
any advice on the LOE, any suggestions on how to address this in the next application.

if I say I will go back to my home country, what they will be looking for that, do I need to get any job offer or a letter confirming about the job availability or provide an online job banks search about the availability of the jobs?