+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Refused 3 times-Help Needed

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
The webforms are not very helpful, it takes the IRCC 2-4 weeks to even reply to one and the answer always comes automated. I'll try to send one next week anyway, but I know it won't help.

Did you apply through an agency in China? Do they have some statistics maybe on how things are moving for applicants from China? We applied on our own, so I don't even know who to ask about the general state of things for applicants from China this year.

Have you tried using the web form to contact them?

nino007

May 16, 2023
The webforms are not very helpful, it takes the IRCC 2-4 weeks to even reply to one and the answer always comes automated. I'll try to send one next week anyway, but I know it won't help.

Did you apply through an agency in China? Do they have some statistics maybe on how things are moving for applicants from China? We applied on our own, so I don't even know who to ask about the general state of things for applicants from China this year.
Oh okay, I guess we have to just wait then. No I also applied by myself. I was thinking the processing in china would be much faster as they have 3 visa offices operating .
All I know is that it usually takes about 1-2 months to get it but I don’t know why it’s taking longer this time

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
I am not sure that SDS applications are checked in China. Last year plenty of people said that their SDS applications were processed in Edmonton, Canada. So was ours. If this is the case this time, it might contribute to the delay. I do not see many people waiting for longer than 10 weeks this year. So, it's getting really depressing.

Oh okay, I guess we have to just wait then. No I also applied by myself. I was thinking the processing in china would be much faster as they have 3 visa offices operating .
All I know is that it usually takes about 1-2 months to get it but I don’t know why it’s taking longer this time

Shiv223

May 4, 2023
What was the reason for the refusal based on the GCMS notes?
Summary of the refusal "Notes" for my 3rd application:
  1. doesn't demonstrate a logical progress of studies given the previous education/ employment. officer think my previous studies at a higher academic level than the proposed studies in Canada
  2. ...not satisfy the visa officer that pursuing the selected program is reasonable given the high cost of international study in Canada, and there are local options available for similar studies
  3. ...not satisfy the visa officer that pursuing a program at the high cost of international study when weighed against the potential career/ employment benefits after completion
  4. weak establishment in the home country...limited family tie; and strong pull factors to Canada....

Reactions: Ezzy20

Shiv223

May 4, 2023
Hey guys, I also applied from China on February 16, still no decision. Do you know the situation with SP applications from China this year (especially SDS)? Are there many people waiting beyond 13 weeks?
Try to send a "Push Letter" via the IRCC Webform if the processing time is over the estimated time.

You never know how they work. Some applicants get their visas very fast in general way not via SDS; however, there are also many applicants who couldn't get their visas faster via SDS.

I will suggest that you do whatever you can within the regulations of the IRCC.

Shiv223

May 4, 2023
2023-05-18, Updates

I applied for the refusal Notes on 2023-04-21, and received the feedback on 2023-05-15.

Actually, this is beyond my expectations; I mean, I thought it was going to take over 1 or 2 months.

After reviewing all the details in the refusal Notes, I wrote an explanation letter for each specific refusal reason, and I delivered it as complementary material to my latest application via the IRCC Webform.

Jpretty

Jun 18, 2021
Hi All,

I had been rejected for study permit application 3 times for St. Clair College - Credential: Ontario College Graduate Certificate(Post-graduate).

1st Application
  • Program: Event Management (full time, 1 academic year)
  • Application Submitted Date: 2022-12-2
  • Application Refused Date: 2023-1-5
  • Reason: I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph R216(1)(b) of the IRPR, based on:
    • Your assets and financial situation are insufficient
    • The purpose of your visit
2nd Application
  • Program: Data Analytics For Business (full time, 2 academic year)
  • Application Submitted Date: 2023-2-18
  • Application Refused Date: 2023-3-8
  • Reason: I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph R216(1)(b) of the IRPR, based on:
3rd Application
  • Program: Data Analytics For Business (full time, 2 academic year)
  • Application Submitted Date: 2023-3-15
  • Application Refused Date: 2023-4-19
    • Your assets and financial situation are insufficient [This is the funny thing: the financial supporting materials which I submitted for the third time were exactly the same as the 2nd time I did. However, this time I got the insufficient funding feedback.] Anyone knows the reason why this could happen??? Please let me know. Thank you very much.

Today, I got the response from the Canada Border Service Agency (after waiting for 57 days), the Notes for the 2nd Refusal are:
I have reviews the application. I have considered the following factors in my decision. Given the applicant’s extensive education and work experience, I am not satisfied the motivation to pursue this particular prgram at this point in time in Canada, is reasonable.​
Applicant already possesses an equal or higher level of qualification. Chosen program and course content at the college level at such expense appears redundant in light of the PA’s reported education history. Hence, I am not satisfied that applicant would not have already achieved the benefits of this program.​
Study plan submitted does not outline a clear career path for which such an educational program would be of benefit or improve job prospects back home. The applicant has failed to satisfy me that pursing the selected program of study is reasonable given the high cost of international study in Canada when weighed against the potential career/ employment benefits after completion, and the local options available for similar studies. See LOA.​
Weighing the factors in this application, I am not satisfied that the applicant will depart canada at the end of the period authorized for their stat.​

My Profile:
  • 35, single/ never married, female
  • IELTS: overall band is 6 (reading 5.5, others 6)
  • Bachelor's Degree, majoring in Marketing (higher adult education, part-time learning course)
  • 10 years working experiences in Market Research industry
  • No US visa, only had some travel record for Asian countries
  • No cars or properties under my name
  • No criminal record

My current situation is that:
  • I have already submitted the 4th application for the same program in the same college on 2023-4-30. I've carefully revised my study plan again and made an explanation regarding two specific refusal reasons on the first page. I provided a recommendation letter from my former leader stating his positive attitude towards my decision to study, and he would like to re-hire me to a Senior Manager level (previous position: manager) with a higher salary (almost doubled my previous one) if I could successfully graduate.
  • Waiting for the Notes for the 3rd refusal
  • Thinking about whether I need to submit a <Reconsideration Letter> for the 2nd Refusal, since I got the notes in details today

My Questions are:
  1. Regarding the Notes for the 2nd Refusal, Do I need to submit a <Reconsideration Letter> for the 2nd Refusal? Attach some materials like the recommendation letter from former employer; or how can I convince the visa officer that all i wanna is just to study in Canada for this business data analytics program? with more details?
  2. The program will start in this September. Anything else I can do before I have the feedback for the 4th application?

I humbly ask for you guys help me with this.

Appreciate and Best wishes.
have you been paying application fees fro all the visa refusal?

Ssk13

Jul 1, 2024
Yes, I did. The application fee must be paid as the last step before submitting an application; otherwise, it won't be submitted successfully.
What happened finally did you get your visa, I am also in such a stressful situation right now, they say I wont return.